Chapter 12

*Casey's POV*

I can't believe all this is happening to Gabby right now. It has been 10 minutes and we don't even know if she is in surgery. I get up. "Hey can I get an update on Gabby Dawson?" The nurse looks at me. Then looks as everyone else in the waiting room. "She's in surgery." "Thanks." I say as I walk but to my seat. "Anything?" Kelly asks. "Surgery!" I say. Everyone looks down. After sitting there for another 10 minutes I looked around. I saw Shay on Herrmanns shoulder asleep, Kelly staring off into space along with the rest of the firehouse. Antonio was tapping his foot from being anxious. We knew nothing. I was starting to get hungry. Kelly must have thought the same because he looked at me then mouthed "hungry?". I shook my head yes. Kelly and I stood up and asked if anyone else would like something to eat? Everyone but Shay answered because she was asleep. We left and we took our time but we also were hurrying. I didn't want to miss the doctors update. "She's going to be fine!" Kelly said trying to ashore me. "You keep on saying that. Are you saying because you know or because you want it to be true?" I say stopping and looking at him. "Both!" He says straight forward. He doesn't ever try to lie to me because I can tell. I just look at him. "Come on we have to get this food!" He says coming over to me and hugged me. We continue to walk. Once we get the food we walk back to the waiting room. We hand out the burgers we got and we take a seat. Shay has woken up and is rocking back and forth. It has been an hour now. Kelly sees his and Shays friend Kendra. "Kendra!" Kelly says getting up. They walk off. After about 5 minutes Kelly came back. "Good news and bad news!" Kelly says as he gets back. Everyone looks at him and all conversations stop. All of the attention is on Kelly.  "Gabby is still in surgery..." Before he could finish Shay started to cry. "But she has Will Halstead as her main doctor." Jay pipped in. "He's the best at his job." We sit there in the waiting room and Bodens phone goes off. He leaves to take the call. He comes back. "We all have the rest of this shift and next shift off." We all just shock are heads.

It's been 5 hours now and intelligence has to leave to go deal with the guy who stole the ambulance.

It's been 8 hours now and a lot of us have fallen asleep. Squad 3 were all out cold and Shay of course was still asleep.

It's been 10 hours now and I decided it would be a good idea to take a little nap. Maybe have it only be like 15 minutes.

"Casey.... Casey.... MATT!" I jolt awake seeing Dr. Halstead in front of me. "Will I'm sorry! What time is it?" It's been 12 hours inside long surgery."  He says as we both look around. Intelligence has returned but they are all asleep. "I have an update." "Okay hold on!" I say I stand up and clap my hands a few times. "GUYS!!!! Dr. Halstead has an update!" Everyone slowly wakes up. Once everyone is awake he begin. "She will make it. She had a lot of broken bones and a lot of bleeding through out her body. I called in 3 other doctors to help me with this surgery. She died 5 times but we brought her back." Just had he said that another doctor comes up behind Will. "I would have called it after 2 times but I'm glad we didn't stop. She should make a full recovery. Will she is awake!" My heart dropped when that other doctor said that they were going to stop. "Oh one more thing." Will says coming back. "We saved the baby." With that he walks away. "Baby?" I say. Will turns around. "Yeah she is 2 months. That's why it took us so long because the baby was never touched or hurt. We wanted to keep it that way and we did. She can have 1 to 3 visitors at a time for now." I run to Gabby's room and I'm surprised that I'm the only one that did at that moment. Everyone was giving me time. With Gabby. Alone.
"Hey Gabs"
"Hey Matt !"
"I'm glade your okay."
"Yeah, I remember everything and don't have any major problems other than my broken bones."
"They didn't tell us where."
"Ankle, knee, and 3 ribs. But it didn't puncture anything and I'm clear. I should be able to go home soon. Oh and Matt.... I'm pregnant!"
"I know Will told me. I'm so happy that you and OUR child is okay." After 30 minutes of talking with Gabby more people start to come into the room. Once everyone sees her and are done talking they leave to go home and say see you later. Me, Antonio and Shay are the only ones that stayed with Gabby.

I'm so glad she is awake and okay. And I'm glad we are pregnant! Once Gabby gets out of this hospital I'm going to take her out and I'm going to propose.  First off I pull Shay out of the room and ask her to come with me. Of course she says yes and she said she would get the ring size.

Next day

Me and Shay leave before Gabby wakes up and we head to the Kay. Gabby loves there rings. "6 1/2!" Shay says as we go in. "Okay." It took us 30 minutes to find the perfect ring. I pick out the one and only one that will make Gabby be mine. I know exactly what I'm going to do. Well I have two ideas. I could take her out to the Pier or I could do a little picnic in the park at night. After we get done we head back to the hospital and the doctor says Gabby can be discharged in 1 week. I go to Gabby's room and I stay there all day.

Okay which Idea to you like:
A) going to the Pier?
B) the picnic?
Vote for your favorite!!!!
Thanks for reading love y'all!! ❤️💋