Chapter 7

Recap: Gabby and Leslie were in a car accident and the driver that caused it is dead. Leslie woke up first with a broken leg, hip, and arm. Still no word on Gabby. Let the Chapter begin.

*Caseys pov*

After Severide came back out and everyone asked why and he said "because Leslie kicked him out until he heard a word on Dawson" it was quiet. 30 minutes after Severide finished explain the doctor came. "Family of Gabby Dawson?" Me and chief stood up. "That's us!" Chief said with no emotion in his voice. "Miss Dawson has hit her head off the steering wheel and it caused her to go unconscious. She also has some miner cuts that we had to sow. Other than that I think she was the lucky one of the 2 girls in the car." "So Dawson is in better condition then Shay?" Severide asks while he stands up. "Yes she is still unconscious due to the drugs and she won't have any brain damage. She was lucky." "Thanks doctor." Chief says. "She is in room. 234, and can have 1 visitor but since  we placed her with Miss Shay there can be any amount of people in the room." Severide and I had the same idea. We left everyone and walked down to the room. I walked in and saw Gabby asleep and Shay looking at her best friend. "Gabby..... Wake up!" Shay whispers. Then out of no where... "Gabby wake up!" Shay yells to her best friend. "Hmmm.... I'm awake Shay! Are you okay?" "Yeah in good... You?" "My head hurts that's it!" "That's it?" "Yeah? Why?" "Well you lucky bitch.... I have a broken leg, arm and hip." "Haha Shay that sucks." "Yeah tell me about it." Severide and I look at each other with the same expression on our face. "What the hell did we just witness?" I say to Severide. "I think we just witness two best friends making fun of there injuries." "Yep u think your right Severide." I say as we walk over to the girls bed and sit with them. We sit with them all night. By the time it is 9 o'clock we have all of 51 crammed inside this little room, but we didn't care. We were laughing and making jokes and the girls seemed fine. The doctor then enters this crammed ass room. "Miss Dawson you can leave in three days. Miss Shay you can leave in three days also but Miss Dawson you can return to work the next shift after three days. Miss Shay you have to wait until you are fully healed witch could take up to 8 months." "8 months?" "That's correct." "I don't have the money to be able to stay home for 8 months." "Shay we will all help you when and where you need it." Herrmann says. Shay just flops her head back on the pillows and says uggg.... Dawson feels bad for Shay you can see it in her face. The way that she looks at Shay. "It will all be okay Shay. I promise." Gabby saws as she gets up and sits in the chair next to Shays bed, and holds her hand. "Together!" Dawson says to Leslie. Shay smiles and the doctor leaves. Soon we all leave the hospital leaving Gabby asleep in the chair next to Shay.

Hope you guys like my book so far. I have to say that I was tempted to kill off a character for this chapter but I couldn't. At least not these two characters..... Hint hint..... We will see what is in the future for life at 51.