Imagine #29: Bestfriends to Lovers

Request for khadijah_banana !

"So, I guess that Devin and I are done," I sigh and bit into the slice of pizza in my hand.

"What do you mean?" Justin asks, sitting beside me.

"We're through. We broke up," I say, pulling my hair back into a ponytail. "You know, the usual, but this time for good,"

"Oh...Deja, are you okay?"

"Yeah," I say, "I'm fine, just tired," I reply.

"Tired of what?"

"Just nothing working out," I tell Justin, "like, I always find a guy and then he is a total douche,"

"Then find the right guy...,"

"It's not that easy, Justin," my eyes look up at his, "who exactly is the right guy for me?"

"I am," he replies, and everything goes silent.

I think about what he just said, and I don't know what to say, honestly.

"I...," I'm not sure what to say. Do I feel the same way?

"Say something, Deja," Justin whispers and caresses my cheek.

"I...I don't know what to say," I say to Justin. "Do I feel the same way?"

Justin leans in and plants a kiss onto my lips. "Deja, I've always loved you. You've been there for me and I'm always going to be here for you. I love you so damn much, more than you'll ever know. Just give me a chance...one chance and I promise I won't mess it up,"

It's been days since I've talked to Justin. I've been thinking about what he said to me, and how he was in love with me.

I'm not really sure if I like him back that much or not. I like him, but not that deep.

I tapped buttons on the phone and sent a message out to him.

To: JB😌🤘🏽🖕🏾
Justin look...I think I feel the same way. Could u come over so that we could talk?

From: JB😌🤘🏽🖕🏾
We're talking now...what.

To: JB😌🤘🏽🖕🏾
Justin I love you too. I feel the same way and I'm sorry that I did not tell u what I felt the first time...I love you Justin

From: JB😌🤘🏽🖕🏾
Deja I love you too. I want to be with you, too. Open the door

I climbed off of the couch, and made my way to open the mahogany door.

"Justin...," but I don't say anything. I immediately run into him and hug him.

"It's okay, Deja. I'm here, I love you,"

He gave me a kiss on the cheek and then we remained as one forever.

Hope you liked this, Deja! Thanks for requesting and sorry that it was so late!