Prologue (Unknown)

I watched her

I watched her.

I watched her without her knowledge. The way she would smile, so breathtaking, her perfect pearl whites would show, and that melodic laugh; my heart would melt instantly. She is beautiful. Her long dark brown hair flowing flawlessly in the warm autumn breeze. She is beautiful. Her chocolate brown eyes glimmering; as if she is always happy. But I know her the best. She is beautiful, she is strong, she is independent. She is dazzling.

I am watching her.

And one day she will slowly fall in love with me, the same way I fell in love with her all those many years ago. She will be mine. She is beautiful.

I watch her everyday.

Her habits are engraved in my brain, I can spill them out within a heartbeat.

As I watch her, she comes into the cafe. Her breathtaking smile on display. She is silently laughing, as she puts away her phone and slightly shakes her head as if it would stop her from goofily smiling. It is cute, don't ever stop smiling. I can watch you smile like this forever. She goes to pick up her usual mocha coffee, and adds 3 sugars. She is already sweet enough; the sugar is not required. I smile and briefly look down before returning my eyes back onto her. Her gaze briefly catches my eyes and we share eye contact for a mere few seconds before she starts smiling. Her eyes were looking at something near my hands. I look down to see the napkin, the one where I had started to sketch her out. I look back towards Eliza but now her attention is diverted as she is walking away from me; busy talking on her phone.

I let out a sigh. When will she finally recognise me?