6. Acting Like A Schoolgirl

Feeling confused, I walk into the nearest cafe to order my usual mocha and donut

Feeling confused, I walk into the nearest cafe to order my usual mocha and donut. I sit down at a table, pull my phone out and dial Sam's number.

"Hey Eliza," he says, seeming happy.

"Hi, why do you seem happy," I say frowning.

"Because you got us some vital information. There seems something fishy with both of the guys you had bumped into earlier. From what we could see, Sabir was acting very strangely around you. Which is weird, we are still analysing his actions. On the other hand, George... Did you see the way he was intensively looking at your lipstick. It looked suspicious, and how he happily came to aid you," Sam rambles on, I hear someone in the background saying something whilst Sam paused. "Leanna said I should wait to tell you everything at the end of the day. Sorry Eliza. Anyways, I have a task for you to do. We have also recruited another girl to go undercover at UCL. She is currently following up on Dave Russell in Biochemistry. She asked me to tell you to meet with her outside the building for tropical medicine. Use google maps to navigate your way there." He then hangs up on me after. I look around the cafe, it was quite large. People continuously came in and out taking their coffees. I inhale in the beautiful scent of coffee, as I look out of the window to watch people talk past in a great speed. The city life; the busy life. And now I have fallen into the same busy lifestyle as them. I get up to throw away my coffee cup when a pair of brown eyes catch my attention. I look over, not recognising the man, to see him drawing on a piece of napkin with a ballpoint pen. He suddenly looks up towards me, and we share a brief eye contact, before he smiles and shakes his head lazily. I decide to walk over to him but my phone rings.

"Eliza what are you doing?!" Uh oh, Walid didn't seem happy.

"I was just going to see what he was drawing," I say, putting on my puppy dog eyes although I knew he wouldn't be able to see me.

"Eliza just do as Sam says. You've finished your coffee, go and find Maya," he says angrily before hanging up on me. Sheeesh why are they being so rude today, I mentally ask rolling my eyes and walking out of the cafe. Ending up outside the building, I look around for a girl who could possibly be named Maya.

I feel something poke my shoulder from behind.

"Hey."

I turn around to see Aleem.

"Hi, how are you?" I ask, giving him a smile and putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I feel better now that I've seen you," he says, giving me a charming smile. I feel my face heat up, my ears burning. Ever since the day of Mahira's funeral, Aleem being kind sent my heart into a fluttery mess.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him, trying to form a proper conversation then the last time. He was dressed up wearing a formal suit and tie. His hair was neatly groomed and he was clean shaven.

"I just came to drop something off," he says, looking at his rolex watch to check the time before looking back up at me. "There's a ball for the university being held in the hotel I manage. Make sure you come to it this Thursday."