15. Stu-dying

"Can you explain that to me again?" I ask him, probably for the hundredth time now

"Can you explain that to me again?" I ask him, probably for the hundredth time now. Its been two hours since I'd been here and maths was draining out all my energy.

George drops his pen and carries on reciting the same words he has been for the past half an hour.

"I still hate maths."

"Okay, well I can't just change that overnight, it'll take some time." I nod, as he carries on explaining and doing another example of standard deviation.

I can't help but admire his patience, if I was in his position, I would have already brought out the knife and butchered myself straight away. But then again we were at his home, which would be a dead giveaway to the police. It would be like him carrying a sign saying 'it's me, I'm the muderer, helloooooo!'.

"Sabah, are you listening?" He asks as my stomach starts to growl loudly.

"Uh, I can't focus on an empty stomach," I tell him. He sighs and gets out from his chair.

"I'll make us some dinner," he says. "Wanna help me?"

"Um, where's the toilet? I'll help you after I'm done," I say, earning a laugh from him.

"Walk straight, and then turn right. It's the second door to the left. The first door is mine, the other two are my roommates. Don't wonder into them okay?" Now that makes me want to see them even more.

"Okay, where's the kitchen?"

"Its back here," he says pointing at the opposite end of the apartment from the bedrooms.

"Cool," Replying, I casually walk off towards the direction of the toilet. Time to sneak around, I feel a rush of adrenaline. Last time I sneaked into a room was to steal a bar of chocolate from Wahid's room.

First door on the left is his room, I'm quick to open it, turning around to make sure George wasn't following me, I enter his room. Not going to lie but his room looked so white, that someone could mistake it for a massive blank canvas. I walk into it and find nothing, especially no colour at all.

I felt blinded by the brightness from the white, how is it even possible to have a room like this

I felt blinded by the brightness from the white, how is it even possible to have a room like this. My room would look so bad compared to his. I sigh. It seems like there's absolutely nothing here, there were no posters or frames, no personal possessions dotted around either. All I could see was his bed and two bedside lamps. Where did he even keep his clothes at?