5. A Lipstick?

I wake up to the smell of breakfast

I wake up to the smell of breakfast. Amira, Wasim's wife, walks into my room with a tray full of food.

"Good morning Eliza," she says, I smile at her.

"Good morning. What's this for?" I ask her, indicating towards the tray.

"I thought you'd want some breakfast in bed and have a lazy day," she says.

"Bhabhi you didn't need to," I say, "plus I have to go out soon."

"Go out? Where?" She frowns. I sigh, I wasn't allowed to tell anyone what I would be doing over the next few days. I needed to come up with some good lies, ones which everyone would believe. Before fully accepting the mission, I had asked for one condition from Sam and Leanna; and that was to allow me to let two people know what I was doing. I had chosen Sarah and Walid as my trusted ones. I knew I could count on them. Sam didn't want to accept my condition, but Leanna understood. All she asked was for them to also help out, by becoming part of my support team. However, Walid may be a hard one to keep under control.

"I'm going to go into London with Sarah," I say, "Walid is going to drive us there."

"Walid, really?" She laughs, "At this rate you'll be going nowhere. I could hear Walid snore from the kitchen."

"No way! He's still not awake?" I say after my eyes widen when I see the clock. It's nearly 8, and my first class started at 10. I get out of my bed quickly, go towards my wardrobe and pull out a pre ready outfit, before rushing to my ensuite toilet.

"Elizaa! Why are you in such a rush, I'm sure it won't matter if you go into London a bit later. I mean its so early," she says.

"Bhabhiiiii! Can you please go wake up that lazy thing!" I shout from the toilet as I frantically get changed and wash my face. "I'm going to be late, I promised Sarah that I'd pick her up at 8:30." I brush my teeth and then pull out my makeup bag. Okay, so Leanna said to apply a nude eyeshadow, and then really thin eyeliner with loads of mascara. I pull out my makeup brushes and different palettes and start to work on my face. I do my eye makeup, then my brows, before settling for a nude coloured lipstick for my lips and lightly applying a pale pink blush to my cheeks. I usually never put this much makeup on for university, but I guess I wasn't really focused on getting guys attention in my Imperial days. Feeling satisfied with my makeup, I brush my short hair and then bobby pin strands until it is half up and half down.

I get out of the toilet, grab a croissant from the tray bhabhi had put down besides my bed and run down the stairs. I see Walid ready, just putting his trainers on as I go to grab my coat. "Common, let's go! Sarah is waiting for us," I tell him. He gives a nod before opening the front door and walking out, with me following behind him.

"Have fun!" I hear Amira Bhabhi shouting to us. I reply to her with a quick thanks before getting into Walid's car.

'We're gonna be at yours in 5' I quickly text Sarah as Walid starts driving away from home. I go onto snapchat, and my face appears on the screen. I looked different. My hair was so short, I wasn't really used to it. It felt weird as well, the ombré dye makes your hair feel strawlike and unhealthy. I then look at my makeup. In all honesty, it was too much. Way too much. But something was missing, I look around trying to see what it is. Wait, my eyes I haven't put my contacts in, I frown.