8. Eyes That Never Change (Unknown)

Is it possible to fall in love? To fall in love with the same person over and over again? Yes it is, it has to

Is it possible to fall in love? To fall in love with the same person over and over again? Yes it is, it has to. Because it happens to me daily, not just once a day but... Everytime I see her. I yearn for her so badly, so badly that she doesn't know.

It's a strange thing. Well, they do say love can make you crazy. Is that what I am? Crazy for being in love with Eliza. Crazy for still having feelings for her after all this many years? Shouldn't my love have worn way by now, after repeatedly being rejected by her unintentionally. But she doesn't recognise me. It hurts, how could she not? Doesn't she remember my eyes?

Eyes?

It's the eyes that never change. It's how I found her. Two years back, whilst sitting in Costa.

It was a horrific day, for me. I had woken up late, feeling groggy and left the house without my usual morning shower. I felt ill. I felt sick. I had been feeling that way for the past 6 months; miserable. Miserable like the weather that day. It had poured down, soaking me to the core as I stood at the bus station, having just missed my bus. Luck clearly wasn't on my side that day.

Needing warmth, I walked into the nearest Costa. I needed to wake up, to get rid of my terrific headache. I joined the queue, waiting for the girl in front of me to finish with her order.

"A medium mocha to take out, please," I heard her sweet little voice, which sounded like honey. She quickly left, standing on the side for the barista to make her hot drink. I stepped forward to give my order.

"A large expresso."

"To take out?" I nod at the girl behind the cashier handing over a few odd coins. Then I slowly walk over to where the girl was standing, and she gives me a smile. I then notice her eyes, chocolate brown. They had seemed so familiar. And instantly, as if someone had manually turned on a switch, did I realise who she was. Looking back over at her, I felt my cheeks warm up, I felt the warmth I had been searching for. The heat took over my body slowly. Her eyes. It was her eyes. The eyes that were always warm and bright. It was, that day, did I realise that Eliza was something special. I felt a sudden yearn. She did something funny, she pulled something; my heart. She ripped it out and stole it with one glance, with one breathtaking smile. I needed her, her smile erupted something deep inside of me. She lit a flame which had instantly warmed me up. It blazed me. Scorched me. And I felt all these tingles. Weird, huh? I looked into her eyes, and they widened a fraction, brightness radiating from them. I had felt myself drowning in them, in the thick melted chocolate. That's the colour they were, but with a hint of gold.

Needed, did I say?

The sunshine I still need.

Need, want and will have.

I snap out of my thoughts. Quite recently I would find myself lost in my thoughts about her. It felt as if she never left me, like she has always been here with me but not remembering. Why doesn't she remember?

I look out of my car window, seeing her walk down the high street. Her hair now short, looking browner than ever before. Her face glowing, she is smiling at no one particular, sporting a rosy blush. Her nose is pink from the cold October days.

Did I mention how indescribably gorgeous she is? She is breathtaking, dazzling, splendid. Words cannot describe. Every time I lay my eyes on her, it's almost as if I am witnessing an angel in front of me.

An angel who always looks beautiful, no matter how hard she tries to change herself. Does she think I won't remember her? That all memories of her won't come back if I look into her eyes, the ones which currently looked hazel? Obviously I would remember, even if the colour changes, she still can't change her beautiful eyes. I will always be able to tell her apart. She's one in a million, heck no, she's one in a few billions. She's unique.

She casually walks towards the party shop I was parked outside. Delicately opening the door, she let an elderly lady walk out, giving her a polite smile, before gracefully entering in. I watch her through the window, walking over to a white dress with a fancy mask in her right hand. She hasn't noticed me yet. How has she not? You would think it'd be obvious I am following her. But I have to admit, she is very oblivious. My angel is so innocent.

I'm not stalking her. I am not creepy. I just don't want to lose something again. Something I could've easily had if her family hadn't moved. Maybe if they hadn't moved, things wouldn't have changed so drastically. But perhaps... This was meant to be. I won't let her go this time, she will be mine. My angel will be mine very soon. I promise myself this on a daily basis.

She never gave me a goodbye. Just disappeared, like a daydream, not lasting long enough. And to this day, and perhaps the last breathe I take, I won't ever say goodbye to her either. Because she will always be by my side, as will I with her. And we will, if our Lord wills, be together in Heaven - where no one shall split us apart.

I've fallen for her.

Hard.

Madly,

Deeply.

I want her; to steal her heart like she stole mine with those warm eyes of hers. They say, if you fall in love with a person's eyes, then you will love them forever, for it's the eyes that never change. No matter how much you age.

A/N: I don't know whether these unknown POVs make any sense yet, but they soon will. I'm slowly piecing things together, and inshaAllah you guys can use this to work out some clues perhaps as to Elizas life or maybe even what had actually happened with the murders. Unknown POV is my favourite to write and I do get carried away 🙈. Anyways, do vote and comment.