14. Train Of Thoughts

I find myself rushing the next morning onto the train to Victoria, hurriedly buying a quick breakfast from Burger King before running down the escalators into the underground

I find myself rushing the next morning onto the train to Victoria, hurriedly buying a quick breakfast from Burger King before running down the escalators into the underground. Soon after the day trip out with Sabir, after we talked getting to know each other better, he dropped me off home by 5. I found maa patiently peering through the window, awaiting for our arrival. I went straight up to my room, but I heard maa asking him to stay for dinner, relief washing over me when he kindly rejected. He's just playing, I tell myself over and over again. He could be the murderer. But I can't help smiling involuntarily whilst thinking about yesterday, my heart pacing as I remember how he loves holding my hands like its normal.

Am I being stupid? Yes, most likely, probably. Is this why my brothers are overprotective? Yes, most likely, probably. Am I going crazy? Not yet. But I will, I can feel it.

The humid air in the underground train is suffocating, as if my own thoughts weren't doing that themselves. I quickly get out once the stop for Warren Street comes, rushing through the ticket barriers in the swarm of people to get out into the cold refreshing air outside.

Deep,

Breath.

*Ping*

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, reaching for it, I take it put and quickly look at the screen.

Unknown: If you don't look where you're going, you might just walk into me 😉

I roll my eyes and put my phone back and quickly carry on walking to my maths lecture that I'm soon about to be late to.

Breathe.

I get into the lecture theatre, and George spots me. He gets up and drags me to where he was sitting. Looking at him with furrowed eyebrows, I observe him portraying this unusual behaviour. He doesn't look at me, rather he taps his pen several times on his notebook whilst simultaneously also tapping his foot at the same beat.

"Hey," I whisper, trying to not get caught by the professor. He ignores me, carrying on with his annoying tappings. After a few more minutes of being ignored, I start to poke him in the ribs. "Psst, why are you ignoring me?"

He turns his face to slightly look at him, his eyebrows furrowed, and slightly biting his lips. He closes his eyes for a mere second before sighing, then puts his notebook and pen away and stands up to leave. I follow behind him, well more like run after him, because his long legs stride out much quicker than my much smaller ones.

I hold onto his arm when I catch up with him outside the lecture theatre. "Georgeeeee!"

He halts, and quickly turns out, "what is wrong with you?!"