Chapter Twenty-four: Escape. Ambrosia.

All of a sudden there is an silence, and I mean an eerie silence that falls across the dungeon. then there is a blast of wind that forces its way through my cell throwing the door open to my cell, I protect my eyes with my forearms and stand up, the chains clinking together with my movements. I tense up waiting for someone to come to the door but no one does.

Darrion, that was his aura. What's going on?

"Jay, are you alright?" 

"Yeah! hold on! I'll be there in a second."

"What-"

Suddenly jay appears in the door way with a key in his hands.

"Jay what is going on?" I asks as he uncuffs one of my shackles and then hands me the key to do the other.

"I can't explain right now, but once we get out, i'll tell you. we've got to get the others out."

I nod and follow him down the halls, our shadows crossing between the torchlight as we ran down the hall way finding and releasing all of our family from the cells.

Avi rubs his wrists, looking at me. "What was that?"

"Darrion." I answer.

He looks around at all of the unconscious guards down on the ground, along with various servants. "Darrion did this?" he slightly shivers. "Remind me not to cross the kid..."

"We need to go now, our window is limited." says Jay pulling on my hand.

"Alright, you heard him we're moving out. Avi, lead them out of here I'll be right behind you."  I tell him.

"Right."

Their steps disappear rapidly down the hall way I feel another hand grab my own.

"Where are you going? We've got to get out of here!" Says Jay.

"We can't leave, Darrion. We've got to help him." I tell him. "Now let me go."

"I can't do that, I promised him I would get you out of here, no matter what you said. Darrion can handle himself."

Who does he think he is?

Telling us, me, to leave him behind?

"Oh, I know that look.... Boss!" He then sighs. "If I can't stop you then I guess I'll have to join you..."

"Jay-"

"If I can't stop you, how're you gonna stop me?" He asks his arms crossed.

"Fine, but you do as I say little fox... Let's move."

He nods, and we begin to make our way to the stair well heading out of the dungeon area suddenly there is a loud crash and stone a dust are thrown into the air.

"Well I guess that answers the question of where Darrion could possibly be." Says Jay.

Suddenly there is coughing and I see a familiar figure rising out from the dust. "Darrion!"

He looks over at us and I can see that his eyes are silver, he's in full battle mode I can also see Engel glimmering from his hands.

"What are you both doing here? Jay, I thought I told you it was imperative that she's out of here."

I step up to him. "And who are you to decide that for me, I'm as equally a good fighter as you."

He looks exasperatedly at me. "I know that and that isn't the point, this is something completely beyond the skill level of your abilities as of now!"

Suddenly his eyes widen and he pushes me and Jay behind him as my brother, or whatever this thing comes through the wall is.

"Running away, old friend?" Says a growling voice mockingly.

Darrion glares and smirks. "No, just trying to give myself some space."

Suddenly there is another bright flash and Ashton growls in fury.

"Go!" Darrion says pushing us towards the hole in the side of the building that led outside, we all tumble out of it and go straight into running. "Into the woods, I need time."

We run and suddenly Darrion stops. "This should do nicely..." He mutters.

He turns to Jay and I. "I need you both to remain very still."

I nod.

He begins muttering in another language, and a circle of light surrounds us.

What was that?

I step forward but I am stopped by an energy source of some kind, one I recognize as Darrion's.

"Darrion... What are you doing? Let us out!"

He doesn't respond right away, he only gives me a small smile. "You'll understand one day why I had to do this..." His eyes shift to Jay. "I'm sorry to have burdened you with this task at young age, but I trust you can do it."

Jay nods, tears streaming down his face.

"What, Darrion? Darrion, answer me!"  I scream at him pounding my fists against the barrier.

He doesn't answer me, and I watch in slow motion and some horror as this beast comes through the woods, an almost wolf like creature comes towards Darrion, they seem to share a few words before he runs a weapon right though his middle.

The sword comes out and Darrion collapses to the ground.

"Darrion!"

/////////////////////////////////////
Hey guys! I hope you guys liked this chapter, the next one should be the last one and then the epilogue after that! Until the next time! ^_^/
Above is a picture with of Darrion with long hair.
-Flowereader230