Chapter 5 ⚽️ Blast Of The Past

So much had happened that by a blink, morning had shunned the night away.

All but Endou and Kazemaru had woken and gotten ready for the hike to school. It wasn't clear if there was a high school left standing for them, but they knew a field laid waiting.

Hibiki finished the final portion of the boys' lunch boxes. He insisted, no one left Rairaiken on an empty stomach. It made Kabeyama's day.

"Are they still asleep?" Hibiki asked Kabeyama as he returned half of the futons.

"They are," Kabeyama sighed. "We tried everything, but they just went back to sleep..."

"Right, I know what we need." He went to the fridge.

"This is what you get for sleeping late." Kidou sighed over the two.

Gouenji crossed his arms, watching the drool running down Endou's mouth. "And he always says that I'm the late one."

Kazemaru slept peacefully still, silky aquamarine strands tangled over his peachy skin. Gouenji's urge to brush over them only realised when Hibiki walked in and a cautious Kabeyama tailed behind closely.

"A-are you sure about this coach?" He asked, biting on his finger tips.

Kidou gave Gouenji a look of confusion, to which he was returned with a shrug. It was the jalapeño tucked in Hibiki's hand that sparked a quiet chuckle from Kidou.

"Coach, I really think we should think this through!" Kabeyama pleaded. "I mean Endou's really bad with spicy food. Don't
you remember at training camp?"

"This is what our coach used to do to get us on our feet for training." Hibiki told them, breaking the pepper in half.

"Know this is the best way to start a morning." Someoka's voice came from Kidou's hand.

Hibiki shoved the halves into the boys mouths. Kazemaru swallowed it with ease and turned to the side as if he never stirred. Kabeyama shrieked, only louder when Endou sprang to his feet with bulging eyes.

"Aaahhh! My tongue's on fire! Water! Water! Water!" Endou bellowed, in circles he ran. He threw his mouth under the tap and let the water drown his tongue.

"Don't, captain!" Kabeyama tugged Endou off but the boy had swallowed the coldest drops. "Water will only spread th--"

"Ahhh!" Endou ear's turned redder then his face. He flailed around as Kbeyma tried to grab him in pursuit.

Kazemaru sat up, rubbing his eyes. "What's wrong with Endou?"

"You ate the whole thing..." Gouenji flatly observed.

"Ate?" Kazemaru tilted his head to the side. "Ate what?"

"You have 20 minutes to get ready." Hibiki went back to the lunches.

Kazemaru rushed to the small toilet, dragging Endou along by his collar

A hard breathing Kabeyma plopped on the floor. "H-he did...I-it in on-one try!"