Chapter 10 ⚽️ The Eyes of A Brother

"They're going to attack the Frontier stadium?" Haruna gasped. "They're kidnapping others again?"

Someoka, set up in the middle of the hospital bed, crossed his arms. "The detective had this call, told him about their next attack."

"That means he has inside information." Natsumi could conclude to Kidou and Hiroto's nod.

"So we head there and stop them once and for all!" Endou made it sound so simple.

"No, you're not!" Natsumi pulled Endou down from the excitement that had him on his feet. "You don't get discharged until the day after tomorrow."

"But that's like two days?" Endou's patience was wearing thin.

"Two days that you need to fully recover, you maniac." Natsumi reminded sharply.

"Did the detective know when the attack will take place?" Kidou asked further.

"Not really..." Someoka thought it over. "All I know is that he's leaving tonight."

Hiroto stood up abruptly. "I'm going. It's the only chance of getting Midorikawaamd the other back."

"That's foolish and you know it, Hiroto." Natsumi fell into a snappy mood. "Don't forget, last time they attacked, you were the one they were after."

"I know." Hiroto's final decision was made. Natsumi shook her head to a mad man's will.

"I'm coming along." Kidou announced.

Haruna shook her initial shock off. "Then so will I-"

"You can't." Kidou cut in. "There won't be anything you can do if they attack. There no guarantee that I can keep you safe if it escalated to a fight."

Haruna's head dropped to her camera. "Who'll protect you then? Don't go and leave me worrying behind again."

"I'll have his back." Bia was the next one to stand, stretching her arms.

"You will?" Natsumi raised a brow.

"I have to earn my spot on the team." Bia reasoned. "Those bastards got the club disbanded before I could. This is my opportunity."

"Nobody of the detective team has really seen you." Kidou smirked. "This gives us some leeway."

"Exactly!" Bia smiled reassuringly to Haruna. "Don't worry, I'll keep you updated whenever you ask, Haruna."

"Thanks." Haruna could smile a little at that.

"One more to keep the group even would be good." Kidou went over the numbers.

"How about Kazemaru?" Natsumi turned to Gouenji. "I'm assuming you'll want to stay by Yuuka-"

"I'll go." Gouenji insisted from his seat. "Bringing another target of theirs would be dangerous."

"It's decided then." Kidou agreed, he glanced up from his phone screen. "The first match doesn't start until the afternoon, we'll head out in the morning."

"I'm missing out on all the action..." Endou laid still as if dead, he pouted. "'s not fair."

"There's something else's Endou." Hiroto said. "When me and Kidou were down at the precinct, I listened in on one of the detective's call. It was a call with Daisuke."

"Daisuke, you say?" Natsumi raised her brows.

"My grandfather?" Endou eyes widened as he slowly sat up.

"The detective brought Plan X up, telling him he didn't want it followed." Hiroto added. "Could there a be chance that your grandfather has a part in this?"