Chapter 5

ROSE'S POV

We sat in a booth in a corner, giving us a perfect view of the glassy lake. And if you listened close enough, you could hear the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks. It was perfect and I was sure to tell Harry.

"I know. It's great. I found one night when I had,uh, 'found' a twenty dollar bill. I decided to treat myself here and now I've been coming back ever since. You know, you're the first person I've ever brought here." He smiled, dimples prominent in his cheeks, which made my cheeks burn.

"Embarrassment looks good on you." He teased, making me blush harder. I had never had someone who made me feel so comfortable yet so shy at the same time.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked, emerald eyes scanning the menu.

"Hmm. Well, I trust you. Go ahead and pick for me." I said as I forfeited my menu. He swiftly snatched between his long fingers. Harry was obviously pleased that I let him decide.

"Good choice. Harry knows best. But I'm sure you knew that." He joked. I giggled, taking a sip of my water, which cooled my warm cheeks. I wiped the condensation off as I listened to Harry. He kept running his hand through his long hair, struggling to keep it out of his eyes.

"You know, after this, we could go get you a haircut. They're relatively cheap." I suggested.

"I could go get a haircut. Or I could save the rest of my money for food." Harry teased, but there was a glisten of truth in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." I said, blush creeping up on me yet again. I hadn't considered that he wouldn't have food. I probably seem so rude. Harry noticed my guilty looks.

"You didn't mean any harm. But I guess you should be." He joked, gently hitting my wrist as if to shame me. I swatted his hand away and he faked pain , holding his hand to his chest and whimpering.

"Well, I can see this date is going well!" Teresa teased as she sauntered over to our table.

"Watch out,T. She's a feisty one." Harry winked at me.

"Don't step out of line, Harry, or I'll swat you again." I jabbed. Teresa and I laughed as Harry pretended he was still injured.

"All right, hooligans, what'll it be?" Teresa asked, turning towards me. I shared a glance with Harry. I had no idea what I was having.

"Actually, Teresa, I'm ordering tonight. And we'll have the usual." Harry said, proud that I let him order.

"Oh, Mr. Styles is a big boy, now? All right coming right up." Teresa laughed as she walked away, glancing back at our table before returning to the kitchen.

"Mr. Styles is the name?" I grinned.

"Oh hush." He smiled back. I sipped at the water again.

"So tell me about your brother." Harry said. I smiled before starting.

"Well, Drew is so smart. And he loves learning about history. Before bed, he always reads about World War 1. He loves to read. I guess he feels closer to my dad when he reads War books. He also likes stories about war heroes and sometimes he cries when he hears them. It's really sweet actually. Drew also really likes to watch Ellen, which I don't understand but he finds it hilarious. His favorite movie is Forrest Gump and he also likes Toy Story. When he was little, he would dress up like Woody and I'd be Buzz and we'd have pretend adventures. It sounds kinda dumb but we were kids. Um, he calls me Sissy. Some people thinks its strange since he's 17, but I love it. I love him." I smiled warmly at that last sentence.

" I don't think that's dumb at all. It's really nice of you to give up so much for him. You really are a good person and Drew sounds like a great guy." Harry smiled and his eyes shone with genuine appreciation of my work. My heart beat quickened at his smile.

"You can meet him. I mean, if you want." I suggested shyly. I hoped I wasn't being to forward.

Harry's dimples broadcasted out from his face because he was grinning so hard. "That sounds terrific. I would love to meet him. Tonight?"

I nodded."You can take a shower at my apartment, too. And since I trusted you to order for me, maybe you can trust me to give you a haircut." I laughed.

"It's a deal." Harry chuckled.

Teresa delivered our food and I found out what the usual was. Grilled steak, garlic mashed potatoes, and buttery asparagus. It was the most delicious meal I've ever had.

After we finished, Harry payed the bill, generously tipping Teresa. She smiled brightly as she wished us a safe trip home.

As soon as we stepped outside, I pulled my coat tighter around me. The cold air was shocking. Harry chuckled before literally sweeping me off my feet and we talked all the way back to my apartment, where Drew awaited.