Chapter 22

Hey guys!

So I also wrote another Harry Styles fan fiction called How to Save a Life. It's on my profile if your interested.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!(:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ROSE'S POV

I rattled the door handle again. 

"Drew! Open up!" I screamed. This had been the same routine for the last couple of days. Drew would stay locked in his room, only leaving at nighttime to eat when I slept soundly. Ever since Josh left, Drew wouldn't speak to me and I didn't have the heart to force him out of his room. I know he was going through a bad time and was desperately missing the warm embrace of our dad. Calls were a rare gem from him, considering he was stationed in Afghanistan, leaving Drew and me to flounder for remembrance of him. 

Drew's change was not alone. Harry also was depressed. Much worse, actually. He barely spoke to me and the bed was always lonely at night. Sometime I would see Harry quietly creep into Drew's room and remain there for hours, their whispers sometimes echoing if the house was quiet enough. Harry had also taking a forgotten liking to vodka again, a clear bottle usually accompanying him around the house. There wasn't any gentle touches between us or passionate kisses and all I wanted was to be with him. Every time I tried talking to him, I was forced away with lack of communication. The slightest hope of us ever being together was quickly vanishing along with Harry's happiness. 

I was also in a pit of sorrows. I was alone in a house full of people. The boy I was madly in love with never spoke to me and when ever I touched him, rough shoves were exchanged. Drew, my dear brother, was ignoring my attempts to mend the broken pieces of his heart. Instead the only affection I received from him were deep bellows of "I hate you" through a locked door. I just wanted my dad to hold me, to tell me that everything was going to be alright. He would bring Drew out of his room and maybe even be able to fix Harry's shattered state of mind. 

"Drew! This isn't fair! I pay the rent so I should be able to see you!" I screamed again. I repeatedly shoved my shoulder into the door. At the last attempt, the door breezed open just in time for me to slam into a statue-like Harry. 

"Sorry." I apologized as I ran a hand over his hard chest. He gave me a look of disgust before harshly shoving out of his way and continuing along. My heart felt as if it were going to burst with despair at his coldness. His usual gentle touch had changed into rough thrusts to remove me from his sight. I shook off the bursting thoughts. I needed to focus on Drew. 

I found him sprawled on his bed, a mysterious bottle clutched tightly to his chest. I snatched it away, quickly reading the label. 

"Is this vodka?" I asked softly. I couldn't bear the thought of my baby brother drinking. My mentally handicapped brother. My brother who was so attached to his mom, who was a drunk and left us. My brother who was so depressed to a point where vodka was his closet confidant. 

"Yeah and it's mine. Give it back."

HARRY'S POV

I walked back into Drew's room just in time for the shockingly loud shatter of glass. Rose stood at the foot of his bed, angrily huffing. The vodka bottle I had been using was chucked against the wall, my sweet painkiller dripping onto the floor in clear droplets. 

"What the hell, you crazy bitch? That was my last bottle!" I yelled as I shoved her against the glassy wall. She cried out in pain, but I didn't remove my grip. 

"You gave alcohol to my baby brother! How could you?" She screamed through her tears. Her hand trickled slight streams of blood and she wiped it onto the white wall. Her words stunned me. I hadn't given anything to Drew. He presumably snatched it for himself when i left. I could care less about her feelings. And I honestly didn't give a shit about Drew's feelings either. That's why I would never share my vodka with him. Everyman for himself.