Chapter 11

HARRY'S POV

I awoke at the sound of a door slam. My eyes popped open to the sight of Rose. A smile crept onto my lips. I wouldn't mind waking up to her pretty blue eyes every day.

I was still lying in her bed, slightly embarrassed of the mess of books I had made. She didn't seem to notice. She stared at me, a smile plastered into her face.

"I got the job!" Rose yelled, running across the room and pouncing on me.

"That's terrific!" I cried. I knew that she was upset that she had lost her old job. The sight of the old twinkle in her eyes made my pulse race.

I hugged her small body close to mine as she lay on top of me. It amazed me how perfectly she fit into my arms, like she was made just for me.

Her chin rested on my chest as she looked up at me through her thick eyelashes. Rose's dark, wavy hair fell perfectly on either side of her face like two long curtains. I smiled, brushing her hair behind her ear. Rose's familiar blush appeared. My favorite thing about her was how adorably shy she acted. Even after our deep bond had been established, she would turn red at the slightest thing.

She let out a satisfied sigh as I ran my fingers through her hair, still holding her close. Rose pulled herself up slightly so she could nuzzle into the crook of my neck. Her long lashes fluttered on my skin, tickling me ever so slightly.

This is how it was meant to be. Rose and I together, as if nothing else mattered. It was only us. Each other. As long as I had Rose in my arms, her full lips and bright eyes smiling up at me, I was happy and sure. The world was right.

I ran another hand through her hair, snug as a bug in a rug, as Josh would say. And now I know why he was so happy with Elizabeth. Why he would radiate love when she was near. I felt it right now. Rose was my equivalent to Josh's Elizabeth. It all made sense. I could be with her forever and all I desired in that moment was to kiss her and show her how much she meant to me.

But I couldn't. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't ruin the one thing that was right in my life. I needed her more than she needed me and I would preserve our friendship for as long as I could handle. How long would that be anyways? Days? Weeks? Possibly months?

"Harry?" Rose asked, pulling her face from the confine of my neck. She pushed up on my chest so she could look at me.

"Mhmm?" I said. I was slightly disappointed that she sat up but refused the urge to pout. Be cool, Harry. Don't blow this.

"Will you sing for me?" She looked at me nervously, as if she was afraid of my response.

"You don't have to. It's just something my dad used to do and I didn't sleep well last night and I'm exhausted and-." Rose stopped, realizing she was rambling. Her cheeks flushed and she buried her head back into my neck, only this time in embarrassment.

"Nevermind." She mumbled. A deep chuckle hummed through my chest as I started to sing one of my favorite songs.

ROSE'S POV

"Settle down with me

Cover me up

Cuddle me in

Lie down with me

And hold me in your arms

And your heart's against my chest, your lips pressed to my neck

I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet

And with a feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now," Harry sang. I recognized the song by Ed Sheeran, 'Kiss me'.

I loved the sound of Harry's voice. Deep and raspy. He sang in a slight whisper, as these words were only meant for me to hear.

My heart jumped. The lyrics described our exact predicament. Harry was holding me, chest to chest, lips pressed to his neck. I wondered if he chose this song on purpose. Or maybe he just loved it as much as I did. Either way, it didn't matter. All I cared about was how safe I felt in Harry's strong arms as the wrapped around me tightly. His muscled chest hummed beneath me with every word he sang.

I soon found myself falling into a slumber, lullabied by the warmth Harry radiated and the soft melody he sweetly sang.

"Kiss me like you wanna be loved

You wanna be loved

You wanna be loved

This feels like falling in love

Falling in love

We're falling in love"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AWWW! Gosh that is just so sweet *wipes away tear*

Anyways I just wanted to through a shout out to you guys for reading! 50 reads! That's like almost 100! (Math is not my strong suit) Thank you guys so much! Hope you keep reading and like it!