Chapter 6

HARRY'S POV

Rose fumbled with her keys before forcing the white door to her apartment open. It was a quaint little place. The living room had a leather sofa and an oriental rug that faced a tv in the corner. To the right was the kitchen, with neon granite countertops and a bar. In the back of the room was round dining table with four chairs grouped around it. There was a hallway on either side of the room, probably leading to bedrooms.

"Drew!" Rose called. She left me standing in the doorway as she wandered into the left hallway. Then she wandered over to the right.

" Sorry, I guess he went out." Rose mumbled. She opened a closet next to the right hallway entry and pulled out an orange towel.

"You can take a shower now." She smiled, placing the fluffy towels in my hands. Our palms grazed and i shivered, hoping she didn't notice. And if she did, she didn't show it.

Rose lead me down the right hallway to a large room. It had all pink walls except for one, which had black and white wall paper. A large bed was decorated in a mass of pink, black,and white blankets. There was a small sofa at the foot of the bed, while held many throw pillows of all sizes. The carpet was plush beneath my feet and was about the same shade as my skin. A light tan. Her dresser was pushed against a wall between two large double door closets. It wasn't wood but actually was made of mirror. The same for her two nightstands, which sat on either side of her bed, and held stacks of books. The most noticeable part of her room was a large white vanity that sat against a pink wall. In front of it was a square mirror and behind it was a cushiony black and white chair. It looked so homey.

"I'm guessing this is your room?" I said, feeling a growing smirk playing on my lips. Her cheeks tinged pink again at my joke. She was breathtakingly beautiful, but I forced that thought from my mind. I didn't want to ruin my only friendship.

"Sorry it's so,um,girly." She apologized. Rose nervously ran a hand through her wavy hair.

"Don't be. I like it." I smiled genuinely at her and she relaxed a little.

"We'll the shower is through that door." Rose pointed to a white door that sat next to her dresser.

"Thanks." I replied before trudging through it.

Her bathroom was all black and white with hints of pink. I didn't mind the girlish shower curtain though. It made me chuckle. I stripped naked, leaving my filthy clothes on the floor.

The water felt so good on my skin. I even used Rose's girl shampoo and body scrub, not caring. All that mattered was that I was clean. I stayed in the shower for a long while. I vigorously scrubbed my skin, the smell of apricots drifting through the air. I used the razor to shave my face, little hairs swimming down the drain. And for the rest of the time, I just stood, soaking in the hot water. This would be my last shower for a while anyways, so I might as well enjoy it.

Eventually, I reluctantly turned off the water, stepping out onto a furry bath mat. The air was steamy and I could barely see three feet in front of me. I wrapped the soft towel around my waist and ran a hand through my hair. I looked for my clothes, but couldn't find them anywhere. I slightly opened the door, peeking my head out. Rose sat on her bed, her dress exchanged for a pair of sweatpants and a t shirt. She didn't notice me for she was completely consumed by the novel she was reading.

"Rose, where are my clothes?" I asked. She jumped at the sound of my voice, her blue eyes wide, but then smiled when she saw me.

"Well, hello handsome!" She teased.

I grinned at her, though my heart fluttered at her compliment.

"I hope you don't mind. I put your clothes in the washer, but I put some of my dad's old clothes on the counter for you. I just figured you would sleep here tonight. I mean, if you want to." Rose said shyly.

I gently closed the door, unable to contain the wide grin on my face. I quickly put on the clothes. A tad big, but still the most comfortable thing I've worn in a while. I toweled my hair dry and then pulled the door open. I ran over to Rose and wrapped her in a big hug.

She squealed with laughter.

"Thank you!" I said while repeatedly kissing her cheek. Rose laughed bounced off the walls.

"You're welcome! You're welcome!" She laughed, but I continued to hug her. Rose laughter became louder as I reached an arm around her small torso and tickled her. Her legs kicked in the air as she tried to pull my arm away, but I continued, laughing along with her.

Then, A young boy slammed the door open, staring at us with angry, squinted eyes. All laughter ceased as Rose pushed me away, putting as much distance between us as possible. The boy stared me, clearly unhappy that I was touching Rose.

Rose glanced at me with worries eyes, a crease between her brows.

"Hey, Drew." She weakly said.