Chapter 1

I always hated family reunions. People from across the country come to this reunion that you don't even know and that you supposed to be related to? I'll never understand. I just hug people and I act like I always knew them. It works for me.

  I tapped my fingers on the table. I'm bored out of my mind. There's old music playing, bunch of people talking, and nobody that can actually entertain me for more than 5 minutes. I sat alone at a table in the corner just wishing that something exciting would happen.. I glanced around and I saw cousin Greg and cousin Ryan running around all of the adults and Aunt Christa rocking baby cousin Laura as she chuckled at one of my Uncle Henry's lame jokes.. I looked towards the entrance imagining how easily I could just run out but instead I'm stuck in this itchy irritating dress and heels that were making my feet scream everytime I walked as if I was waiting for my prince charming to come.

  I saw Grandma Tina walk out the entrance.  The urge to follow her was unbearable. Why couldn't I follow her? I mean she can't leave. She's the main coordinator for this whole event. Before I could even think of any other objections I got up from my chair and started walking towards the entrance with my feet screaming right along with me. I glanced around making sure nobody was surprised at my actions since I haven't moved for the last two hours. As the door came nearer I leaned forward to take a peek at where she had gone. Soon enough my nose was squished flat when I saw her.

  Grandma was talking with a man that had to be atleast a foot taller than her. He had gray hair, a tan suit, a light blue shirt on underneath and a red tie. I studied him for quite some time as they both began walking into the parking lot. I squished my nose as hard as I could to see where they were going and I guessed I pushed to hard because the door swung open. I awkwardly stood there wondering if someone noticed but, luckily no-one else stood outside.

 I began peering around but she wasn't anywhere in sight. I began to walk towards the parking lot in hope to find her. That's when I saw her and she wasn't alone..She was joined by two new people. I thoughtlessly ducked behind a random car. I peaked around the back of the rusty old pickup truck to see them only a few feet away but as their distance closed in on the truck I got a better look at the people she was joined by. At this point my feet were in such agony I began to kneel. The two people were both boys in about what looked like their late teens. Both had brown hair and a buzz cut. Are they twins? They grew closer and now their voices echoed into my ears.

  "So how have you boys been?" Grandma asked.

  "Good." They both replied in sync.

  "How old are you boys now?" Grandma said as she itched her head as if she was trying to remember.

  "Eighteen." The first replied.

  "Seventeen." The second said.

  Chills rolled down my back. I was seventeen too. Weird thing is I've never the seen the younger one before. The older boy looked semi familiar. The boys looked too casual in my opinion for a reunion. Then again there boys... they don't care about anything.

  "How's you mother Cody?" Grandma said asking the older boy. Cody of course! One of my favorite cousins! I haven't seen him years..

  "Cody you've grown so much since I last saw you!" Grandma said cheerfully.

  The steps were louder and louder. The fear of them seeing me was so unreal. The questions and lies that I would have to tell..

  "Thanks, you know I've been trying to lay off the coffee. They say it stunts growth." Cody said sarcastically.

  Grandma and the tall man laughed. I didn't see how that was funny. Just another person trying to be a smartass. Typical boys.

   "Nathan I'd like you to meet my..." Grandma began speaking but, now she was to far for me to hear. Who does Grandma want him to meet? His name was Nathan?