Chapter 8

This is bad. You know what? Bad isn't even the word to describe this. Everything we need to call the police is inside.

  "Well what do we do?" I asked.

  "I don't know!" Grandma said throwing her hands up in the air.

  "Well we could think of options." I said.

  Grandma and Mom were quiet for quite some time. This isn't helping at all. Seriously last thing we need is to be doing nothing at all.

  "Hello?" I askled waving my hand infront of their faces.

  "Megan don't be so rude." Mom said.

  "Sorry it just seemed like you were ignoring me." I said.

  "I'm thinking." The both said at the same time.

  "Oh." I said.

  We were still standing infront of the front door. I slowly turned and looked at myself in the glare. I still had my blue hospital bracelet on and my sun dress.

  "So any ideas?" I asked.

  "I have a few." Mom said.

  "Okay." I said. "Let's here 'em."

  "We could have you run in and get the phone in the kitchen." Mom said.

  "Um, no." I said.

 I have a thought about who have could of done this. Then again I could be wrong. I haven't seen him since I was in the taxi when he was walking. He could've walked here and did this, but why? Why would he break in? Then again there's always that other option of someone else.

  "What about if we wait until someone walks by and ask them if they have a phone?" Grandma asked.

  "I like that plan way better." I said.

  "Me too." Mom said.

  "So we just wait now?" I asked.

  "Yes." Grandma replied.

  We all decided walking to the bottom of the driveway was the best idea. We could see if someone was coming and if someone was in the house we were less likely to get attacked.

  "Look someone's coming!" Mom pointed.

    In the far distance you could see a man jogging in blue shorts coming up the street. Mom went physco for a minute waving her hands and screaming. When the man got closer he stopped.

  "Yes ma'am?" He asked.

  "Do you have a phone that we could borrow? My mother's house got broke into." Mom asked the man quickly.

  "I have a cell phone." The man said.

  "Could we please use it to call the police?" Grandma asked.

  "Of course." The man said giving Grandma a smile.

  He took the phone out of the black pouch he had around his waist. 

  "Here you go." He said and handed a silver phone to Grandma.

  As soon as Grandma got on the phone with 9-1-1 the screen door slammed. I turned around and the boy that pushed me down the stairs ran and jumped over the fence out of our sight. Grandma began blabbing fastly into the phone. After she told what just happened she flipped the phone shut and handed it back to the man who was still standing infront of us gladly taking his phone back from Grandma.

  "Good luck." The man said zipping his pouch up and began jogging once more.

  Within moments later 2 police cars pulled up along the diveway. A tall light brown man got out in the first car and in the second a average height feamale with brown hair in a bun. They walked towards us.

  " I'm officer Bell. We got a call abouta possible robbery?" The light brown man said. He had a shaved head and was fairly buff.

  "Yes officer Bell." Grandma said.

  "This is your house here?" He asked pointing to Grandma's house.

  "Yes." Grandma said shaking her head.

  "You said a boy left just moments ago and hopped over that fence?" The woman officer asked. I looked at her badge that read ' Defree.'

  "Yes." Grandma said.

  "Alright we'll go in and check for you." The man said as he had a hand on his gun.

  We all watched them as the walked up the driveway. When the reached the door Officer Defree held the door open as Officer Bell walked in with his gun pointed infront of him.

  "Police! Come out with your hands up!" He yelled. Officer Defree followed behind him as she pulled her gun from her belt.

  We waited about 15 minutes and the officers came out. They walked down the driveway and towards us.

  "We didn't find anything that seemed out of place," Officer Defree said, "But that doesn't mean someone broke in."

  Grandma shook her hand.

  "Thank you." She said.

  "And about that boy," Officer Bell said, "I'll need a quick description."

  He pulled out his notepad and a pen.

  "What did he look like?" He asked Grandma.

  "He had long brown hair and a black sweat shirt." Grandma said.

  "Alright." He said as he scribbled down.

  "Do you remember anything?" He turned as he asked Mom.

  "Nothing besides what she said." Mom said as she pointed at Grandma.

  "What about you?" He asked.

  I got nervous. I grabbed my hair tie and began tugging it. If I tell what would happen...

  "I don't remember." I said.

  The things I do that for him that he doesn't have a clue for. They way I want him and he doesn't even know. He gets it easy being the guy. The gorgeous perfect boy. The boy that's in the gang. The boy Nathan. Day 3 of knowing him. It's more complicated than it sounds.... trust me!