Chapter 15

What did he just say...?

  "Megan..." Nathan said intertwining out fingers together, "I like you, ever since the first time I saw you in the bushes of the reunion, you've been driving me crazy."

  I stared into his blue eyes. My knees grew weak and my heart began beating fast as I replayed everything he just said into my mind once more.

  "You've been driving me crazy too." I said quietly as we looked into each-others eyes.

  "I need you..." He whispered as he pulled me in closer. His face was centimeters away from my face. "Will you be mine?"

  "Of course..." I whispered back I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned my head against his.

  We stood there for a good solid 10 minutes just gazing into each-others eyes as Nathan's hands were around my waist. He pulled me into a hug kissed my head.

  "You know, this is a good time for some of your questions to be answered again." Nathan said as he held me tightly.

  "What were you saying before, about how guy members fall for a girl they like?" I asked.

  "Right. Well see, NLHG is basically a all guy member gang until they find a girl they like, Day Walkers like to kill girls like you and use the bodies to reproduce their own. So were kinda like a prevention group too, keeping girls alive." Nathan explained.

  "So you're like a match making business too?" I asked.

  He laughed, "I wouldn't exactly call it that, but yes."

  I'm extatic right now. I have the most gorgeous guy that I like and may even love as my boyfriend. I breathed in and the scent of him was so nice. It was a sweet smell, lilacs maybe? He likes me... I never thought in a billion years he would.

  "So is there more training?" I asked.

 "Of course there is, this is only just the beginning." Nathan replied.

  "So what else do I have to do?"

  "First we have to get out of here, then you can decide what next." He said as he pulled away grabbing my hands as he made his was toward the stair case.

  "Run down or jump down...you're choice."

  I looked in horror of the thought of jumping from staircase to staircase... for sure this was not a great idea. So I guess running was my best option.

  "I'll run." I said sighing because I didn't know I would actually have to go all the way back down. Then again what goes up must always come back down.

  "Go." Nathan said as he swung over the side of the rail with ease. He made it look so easy and not to mention he was quick.

  I was running down the stairs and going down was way easier than going up. I was quicker at it too.

  I could see that Nathan was way ahead of me. As I neared the end Nathan was right there just like before.

   The scream and shriek bursted into the air making me jump from the shock. I toppled down the last stair case as the noise left my ears piercing as I coiled at the end. I held my ears tight as I couldn't bare the noise anymore. I rolled onto my stomach and looked up and there was a man, we made eye contact as it's eyes turned red. It hissed and ran towards me as Nathan stepped into it's path with a pipe in right hand. His face didn't show fear it just seemed to bold up.

  The man ran towards Nathan at full forced thrashing it's arm at Nathan as he held up the pipe. They struggled against each other for a moment until the man's arm broke he pipe in half. Nathan panicked for a moment until he began frighting with the man hitting him fiercely with the pipe pieces. The were backing slowly towards me as they swung at each other, I removed my hands from my ears and backed up the staircase.

  The man shoved Nathan down and stood over him. The man looked at me with angry in his eyes as the were blood red.

  "Nathan!" I yelled as I slowly backed up the stairs quicker as I tumbled down moments before.

  The man looked down at Nathan and launched for me. I screamed and turned around and booked back up the stairs.

  "Just keep running!" Nathan screamed somewhere behind me.

  This guy was fast. I began skipping steps more and more with every leg I pushed.  The man was closing in on me and he was about 6 steps behind em as I looked out of the corner of my eye.

  "Nathan!"

  The man grabbed my left leg and pulled me down.

  "Nathan!" I screamed once more hoping he would appear and he did.

  "I hope this is a surprise attack for training!" I yelled as he appears with a metal rod.

  'It's not!" He said back and shoved the rod into the man's back. The man urged up from upon me and screamed just like before and the eating in my ears began once more. He turn towards Nathan as it looked like he was going to launch and he fell as blood poured from his back as it hissed for one last time before completely collapsing. As the curtling of the man trying to breathe sent shivers down my spine a I stared at the blood scene... I couldn't take my eyes away.

  I just stared in shock. What the hell just happened?

  "You okay?" Nathan asked as he skipped up a few steps taking my hand and pulling me upward so we stood next to each other.

  "I-i-i think s-s-o." I stuttered as I still stared at the man.

  "Congratulations."

  "What?" I questioned looking away from the man for the first time and to Nathan who I noticed had a scratch on his face.

  "You just encountered your first Day Walker."