Chapter 6

I peeled my eyes open. I was still at Grandma's house. I let out a sigh of relief. Nothing happened while I was sleeping.  My plan about this whole thing is to keep my mouth shut. I wriggled the sheets and flipped them over.

  The air was cool against my skin. I was still in my sun-dress from the night before. I groggily walked over to my bag rubbing my face. I'm still so tired. I laid in bed for what seemed like hours last night, just thinking.  II un-zipped my bag and pulled out the red Aeropostale shirt and a part of shorts. I piled them into my arm and dug through the rest of my bag grabbing my under garments. I started walking down the hall as I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I turned around immediately seeing nothing. I just shrugged it off as I'm basically still half asleep.

  I walked down the rest of the hall and headed down for the stairs. I felt sudden pressure on my back and it felt like someone was pushing me. I took 2 steps down and couldn't deal with the pressure. Then the pressure felt like someone shoved me. I was toppling down the stairs with my clothes flying everywhere. I screamed out in pain as I toppled down on my right arm and I rolled and rammed my way to the bottom. 

  "Megan!" Grandma yelled hurrying over to me.

  Tears began to form. My arm hurt so bad. I looked down at it and it looked like there was no bone. It was like a noodle.

  "Oh dear lord." Grandma said as she lightly felt my arm. "I'll call an ambulance. Don't move whatever you do."

  She got up from her crouch and went into the kitchen. I turned and looked back at the stairs as little as I could and there stood a boy at the top. A teenage boy. He was kinda tall probably around 5'7'' he had black long hair with emerald green eyes. He had a smirk on his face as his arms were crossed. He just shook his head like he had sympathy for me all though he still tamed the smirk. Then he turned as his back was now towards me and he ran down the hall.

  Grandma came back into the room with the phone to her ear.

  "I think it may be broken I don't know." Grandma said as I know she was referring to my arm.

  Everything hurt. It felt like I had bruises all over. My arm was the worst though.Then I heard sirens. Grandma was still on the phone talking about what she thought had happen. I began to cry. 

  "She's starting to cry now." Grandma said inti the phone as she looked over at me.

  I just looked away from her and at the floor. The sounds of sirens neared. I knew they were close. I could see the reflection of lights off the floor. Next thing I knew the door opened and a gurney was being rolled in. I looked over at Grandma who hung up the phone. She left the room. Then came back again.

  "When did this happen?" One ambulance guy asked.

  "Just 10 minutes ago." Grandma replied.

  "She fell down the stairs?" The other guy asked.

  "Yes." Grandma replied.

  No, no, I didn't fall down the stairs I just like laying on the floor in pain.

   The guys came over to me and put a blanket under me. I couldn't move. Everything hurt so bad. They lifted me up and I just wanted to die. The soreness was unbelieveable. They slowly and carefully placed me on the gurney. They put belts all around my waist, feet, and chest. Then put a neck brace on me. Grandma must of got her coat and shoes on at one point because she was following us out of the house.

  I've only been in a ambulance once before. When Cody broke my wrist when I was 10. That was 7 years ago. It smelt like gaws and band-aids. It was a hospial smell. The ride to the hospital was horrible. It felt so weird that I had to look out the little 2 windows as we were going forward and it felt like we were going backward. It was weird.

  I was put in room number 473. Grandma was sitting in a chair. We were waiting for the doctor for what seemed like forever.

  Then a knock on the door was heard.

  "Come in." Grandma said.

  Then a male doctor with a white coat came in. He had gray hair that was buzzed.

  "Hello I'm doctor Pine. Well what happened here?" He asked as he took the stool next to the sink.

  "My grand-daughter Megan fell down the stairs this morning." Grandma said.

  "Ah, I see." He said writing things down.

  "I think she broke her arm." Grandma said.

  "Alright I'll take a look." He said and wrote some more.

  He got up from the stool and made his way to the bed side.

  "Which arm is it?" He asked.

  "My right." I replied. He walked over to my right arm and put down the bed rail.

  He lifted it up and and I winced in horror. It was like a absolute noodle. He gave out a laugh. I looked at him in concern.

  "Nothing much to worry about I assure you." He said. "Just a dislocated elbow."

   "Well how to you fix that?" Grandma asked.

  "Simply twisting it back in place." He said.

  Well that sounds painful.

  "I'm going to twist your arm back into place. It might hurt for a few minutes but it will feel better afterward. I promise you." He said.

  "Okay...?" I said not sure how to answer this.

  "Ready?" He asked.

  "Mhm..." I said preparing for the pain.

  "1,2,3 little twist." He said.

  It hurt so bad. I wanted to die. I screamed and started crying.

  "All done." He said. I looked at my arm and it looked normal now. Besides that it hurts like hell it's fine.

  I think that boy pushed me down the stairs. I think he pushed me down the stairs because I know too much...?