Chapter 8: Zack And Connor's Dad

Later that night Zack called Sophie. He told her that they said his dad had a heart attack, and were going to keep him at the hospital for the next few days. To keep an eye on him. Did they say anything abut why he had a heart attack? Yeah, there is something wrong with is heart, They said they could do surgery to repair it. Are they doing the surgery right away? I think they are. Are you okay, Zack. I guess I am I don't know. Okay are you coming to school tomorrow? I don't think I am. Okay. Bye. Bye.

Friday Morning was a bright morning, sun shining, 90 degrees. What should I wear on this beautiful hot day. She looked into her closet she found a hot pink silk top, with Lily Pulitzer shorts, with a white and gold watch, with gold bangles, and teal wedges. Her nails wear turquoise and caicos. Her hair was straight. Her makeup was the same as always. She ate breakfast. Then she left for school.

On Friday Lucy got up and looked in her closet for something to wear on this hot summer day. She picked out a white top, and a navy blue pair of shorts with a pattern on them, with white wedges. She wore her hair in a side braid. Her nails were a light purple. She had a light Smokey eye. After she did her makeup she went to school. On her way to school she got her something to eat.

When Lucy got to school she went inside to her first period class. She missed Zack he wasn't there I guess he was in the bed or at the hospital. In the hallway she was talking to Lucy. She asked her about her date last night? It was great. He was so nice. We didn't get to go the movies. Why not? When we got there they said the movie was sold out and was already 30 minutes in. Are you guys going out again? I think we are. Well we went top the movies at 6:00 we had already bought tickets. the date didn't go that great. Why not? After we left the movies theater he got a call from his mom, his dad was in the hospital. Is his dad okay? He called me last night and told me he had a heart attack. Is that why he's not at school? Yeah, Connor didn't tell you? No, he doesn't call me. Oh is Connor here today? No Okay ttyl later. Finally it was 3:00 she got in her car and was listening and singing to the music The song reminded her of Zack.

Song: Pretty Brown Eyes

By: Cody Simpson

I like this right here

This girl she came 'round the corner

Looking like a model

Magazine figure

She was shaped like a bottle

Long straight hair

She was fly as a bird

First time ever

I was lost for words

Felt so right

Just couldn't be wrong

Love at first sight

If that exists at all

I couldn't move

Felt like I was stuck

And then baby girl looked up

And I said

Hey there pretty brown eyes

Whatcha doing later tonight?

Would you mind if I spend time with you?

And I said

Hey there pretty brown eyes

Whatcha doing later tonight?

Would you mind if I spend time with you?

This girl she was a little hottie

She knows she's got it

Came from the city so she loves to party

The JT song make her move that body

She's dancing all night long

I could tell that she was a wild one

That's why I was shy at first

But I finally worked up the nerve

And I said

Hey there pretty brown eyes

Whatcha doing later tonight?

Would you mind if I spend time with you?

And I said

Hey there pretty brown eyes

Whatcha doing later tonight?

Would you mind if I spend time with you?

Spend a little bit

A little bit of time with you

Spend a little bit

A little bit of time with you

Spend a little bit

A little bit of time with you

Spend a little bit

A little bit of time with you

Hey hey little pretty brown eyes

Don'tcha ever be looking at them other guys

'Cause ain't never had no surfer like me

Start swimming over here and ride my wave

'Cause I see that you party like there's no tomorrow

Let's leave the party

I'll grab my guitar

I got the keys

So jump in my car

Sit back, relax

Australia's kinda far

Hey there pretty brown eyes

Whatcha doing later tonight?

Would you mind if I spend time with you?

And I said

Hey there pretty brown eyes

Whatcha doing later tonight?

Would you mind if I spend time with you?

Spend a little bit

A little bit of time with you

Spend a little bit

A little bit of time with you

Spend a little bit

A little bit of time with you

Spend a little bit

A little bit of time with you

When she got home she was glad it was Friday. About an hour after she got home the doorbell rang. When she answered it Zack was at the door, he looked so sad, like he had been crying balling. She invited him in. Asked him what was wrong? It's my dad. I thought you said he was fine. he was but then this morning he had to have that surgery for his heart. And, uh he didn't make it. Crying.....      Zack I'm so sorry. I know you are. I just wanted to come her because I missed you and you are the only person who I wanted to see. Can we go in your room and talk? Yeah, sure. Sophie, I just miss him so much. I wasn't that close to my mom or brother. Now it feels like you are the only one besides him that I feel close to. Sophie I think I Love You. Zack I think I Love You too. Zack lays on Sophie legs, she trys to comfort him. They do that for 3 hours. I better get going. Really so soon? Yeah, I better go check on my brother and mom. Okay, Bye. Zack: I love you.  Sophie: I love you. After he left she went and got something to eat.  For the rest of the night she just laid in her room listening to sad music while she read a fanfiction. She didn't even know his dad and yet the day he died she would remember forever. It was the day Zack told her he loved her. She didn't even know his dad but she was sad about it. She never even met him.