Chapter 18

Kellins POV:
I stepped out of the hospital doors. After my meeting with Doctor Byrd he said that in three days I could be 'set free.' Those were honestly the longest three days of my life which was piled on top of the other five longest days of my life.

The time I spent at the hospital was excruciatingly long, but now that I was out I can feel how much that time actually helped me.

As I walked outside, the air was chilly, but the skies were blue and the sun shone brightly. Fallen leaves scattered everywhere and most of the trees were completely bare by now, this meant that the snow would be coming soon.

I smiled brightly and followed my mom to her car. My dad would have come too, but he had already taken too much time off work.

I watched out the window as we quickly drove past the all to familiar town. The gutters were filled with dead leaves and it was honestly the prettiest time of the year.

As we finally reached our house I sighed in relief. And I heard my mom laugh beside me and I looked at her questioningly.

"What?" She asked. "You just sounded so relieved, it was kind of funny." She smiled at me.

"I am! I'm so glad to be home." I said excitedly and it was the truth. I missed my house, and my bed, and my mothers cooking, even if it wasn't the best, it was better than what they fed us in treatment.

"Well, I'm glad you're home too," she smiled at me. As we got out of the car. As we stepped inside the house she turned to me. "How about I start dinner?" She asked. It was just past five and I was starving, so I nodded quickly before heading up the stairs to my room.

I threw my bag on the floor, not really wanting to empty it at the moment before belly flopping onto my bed, I had forgot how comfortable it actually was. I inhaled the clean sheets and silently thanked my mother for washing them.

I was on a happy kick, but I knew it wouldn't last long. I knew as soon as people knew I was back, I was going to have to talk about what happened and where I had gone for over a week. It a Tuesday and I knew my mom would be making me go back to school tomorrow or the next day and I didn't know if I was quite ready for that.

There were a few ways I could approach and deal with the entire situation. I could
A: pretend nothing ever happened and I hadn't been gone
B: face the situation head on and tell everyone exactly what had gone on, or
C: pretend that I have been sick and keep the details to a minimum.

I figured A or C would be the easiest options, and those would probably work for everyone in school, minus Vic, Justin, Jack, and Mike, who were the only people I would actually need to fool, but let's be honest, who else is going to care?

I figured Justin and Jack would be fine with the minimum, if I told them to drop it they would. Mike, he probably wouldn't care either way. But Vic, Vic wasn't going to let it go. Even if he said he dropped it, I know he would still think about it. He was the one person I needed to talk to and I figured sooner would be better than later.

About an hour later my mom called me down for dinner. It was 6:30 and her and my father sat there like normal, waiting for me to talk my seat. And after awhile of small talk my dad finally spoke of something relevant.

"So," he started off. "There have been some obvious changes that have come about recently, and I think that needs to call for a shift in some of the rules." He said, but I felt a sense of nervousness swelling in the pit of my stomach. Rule changes? My parents are usually too busy to pay attention to what I do, so I wasn't sure if there were even rules to begin with. When no one spoke my father continued.