Chapter 5

Vic's POV:

I walked in chemistry, and honestly I was incredibly nervous.

I didn't want to see Kellin. Not after what happened earlier. I was afraid he would still be mad and hit me again, and harder.

I glanced around the room to see he wasn't there though and then I saw Jaime, just as he spotted me standing in the doorway. He waved me over to his table and signaled for me to take the seat next to him.

I gladly sat down, happy to see him.

***

He had taken me to the nurse earlier, but didn't want to start a mass of drama, so he lied saying that he hurt his wrist during football practice and brought the ice out to me.

We snuck out the back doors to the field behind the school, which terrified me, I had never ditched class before, but after the incident, I felt like I really just couldn't keep it together for class.

We hid under the bleachers and he gently placed the ice pack over my eye and gently ran his fingers over my jaw as I replaced his hand with mine.

We sat there for awhile just looking at each other and the grass under the bleachers, which was dead, do to the lack of sunlight.

"Can I see it?" He finally asked.

I slowly removed the ice pack from my eye. He showed a really disgusted and disappointed face.

"Hey I have an idea," I perked up and yanked his phone from his pocket. He quickly unlocked it and, from what I could tell, sent somebody a text.

He locked his phone and set it down then looked at me smiling.

About ten minutes later a boy, who was covered in tattoos and had gaged ears walked under the bleachers.

I moved to get up but Jaime put his hand on my leg to signify not to.

"It's cool. This is my friend Tony. He's a theater geek," he joked with his friend.

Tony just gave a slight smile and glanced down to a case he had been carrying.

"Yay!" Jaime said excitedly. He patted the ground for Tony to come and sit with us.

"My friend Vic here got a bit banged up," he informed him. "That's why I told you to bring the makeup, I don't want him to feel embarrassed or give Quinn the satisfaction of other people seeing what he did." You could tell he was getting mad, but he contained himself.

Tony just nodded and opened the big case. I stared in awe at all the different things he had in there.

He grabbed a little container of skin colored substance and a sponge.

"This might hurt a little," the shy boy talked for the first time. I just nodded, not entirely sure that I wanted makeup all over my face.

Jaime must have seen because he just touched my shoulder and said, " don't worry, Tony's amazing, you won't even be able to tell."

After he finished he passed me a small mirror.

Wow, he really is good. I thought to myself. I couldn't even tell that there was makeup on my face.

After the two bruises were covered we decided it would be a good idea to go to the rest of our classes, there was only one left til lunch, so I went and sat through English not moving from my seat until the bell rung.

I made my way down the hallway to find Mike and that's when it hit me.

Shit, Mike always knows when something's up. He'll notice if something's even slightly off. He's going to know.