Chapter 11

Vic's POV:

"Vic? Honey?" My mom asked soothingly as she entered my room.

"Hey mom," I sat up rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"How are you feeling? Are you up for school today?" She asked.

Currently, it's Wednesday. I've played hooky for the last two days to avoid all the kids at school, most importantly Jaime and Kellin. Even though Mike told me nobody was even talking about the incident on Friday, I just wanted to play it safe, and give the two boys a chance to cool down if either of them were mad at me.

I sighed throwing the blankets off of my legs, and instantly regretting it as the cold air hit my legs.

"I guess I better." I said and gave my mom a weak smile.

"Ok sweetie, but if you start to feel sick again just text me and I'll come get you ok?" She more demanded than asked.

I nodded my head and made my way to the bathroom down the hall.

I peeked through Mikes door, which was cracked open, to see he was still asleep. Typical Mike though, he liked to sleep until the very last second he could.

I took a long shower, well, longer than intended, and got out, wiping the fog from the mirror. I examined my face, taking note that almost all the bruises from the previous week were very faded or gone. I smiled at that.

I made my way back the my room, also noticing that Mike was still asleep. I laughed, but I wasn't exactly sure why.

I got dressed in my typical Vic Fuentes attire, some black skinny jeans and a tshirt. I also threw on a navy blue hoodie because it looked a bit overcast outside.

I jogged down the stairs and was welcomed by my father and Mike, who I guess had finally decided to get up.

"How are you feeling today Victor?" My father asked.

"Ok I guess," I replied shoveling cereal into my mouth with a spoon.

He chuckled and went back to reading the newspaper.

Mike gave me questioning stares from across the table, but I just ignored them. He had been trying so hard the last couple of days to figure out if i was actually sick. Deep down though, I know he knew I wasn't.

He finally gave up and went back upstairs to get dressed. I glanced at the clock seeing we had a little less than 30 minutes before class started.

I got up and rinsed my bowl in the sink before going back up to my room to get everything else I needed for the day.

I grabbed my backpack and shoved my notebooks in it. I glanced over at my lyrics notebook and hesitated before grabbing it and throwing it in too. Maybe I'd get inspired at some point today?

After zipping up my backpack I sat down on my bed and thought. Last night I had decided that I was going to school today for one reason, I was determined to talk to Kellin.

I had rehearsed what I was going to ask him for over and hour last night. I came up with responses to things he could say, and comebacks in case he insulted me. I refused to get flustered by anything this boy was going to say to me. There were so many things that I wanted, and needed, to know and choking on my words wasn't going to get me the answers I needed.

I went over my speech again and was so lost in my thoughts I was startled when a loud banging came from the other side if my door.

"Are you ready Vic?!" Mike yelled.

I looked at the clock seeing that we had about ten minutes.

Shit.

"Yeah I'm coming!" I yelled back, jumping from my bed and quickly throwing on my vans.