50 (edited)

A/N 5K reads, 500 votes and 50 chapters. I couldn't be happier about how far this book has gone. Thank you so much. I know I will be leaving soon, (check my profile for the details) but I'm very happy I get to finish this book. :) enjoy.  I edited this, so now there's Riley pov. And a cliff hanger. Mwahahahah. 

James pov

It's been 2 days. Riley still hasn't woken up. I've been visiting h for as long as visitors can. Every moment those eyes of hers are closed, my heart breaks more.

Today is like any other day. I just woke up. I grab my phone to check the time. 7:00 am. Visiting hours are only 10:00am-10:00pm. I should probably go to the studio. I haven't been going to rehearsals much, since the accident. I throw on my dance clothes and go down stairs to have some breakfast. Mom and the girls aren't up yet. Typical. Whatever, I'll just get an apple.

I get my 'breakfast' and head out the door. I jump into my car, and start in the direction of the studio.

I get there in about 35 minutes. My house isn't very far and there wasn't much traffic. I get out of the drivers seat and open the doors.

"James!" Miss Kate exclaims, shock in her voice. "You haven't been here in a while."

"Yeah." I mumble. "I was hoping to get in some practise."

"Yes," she replies. "I'll leave you to it, then."

She walked into her office. I shove my dance bag in my cubby, take off my jacket and pick out a song. I put on When the War is Over, just because it reminds me of Riley so much. I can't really dance to it, I'm brutal at ballet, but I just sort of move to it. When its over, I put on We Go. It's our song, after all. Then, West comes in.

"What's up, man?" He asks. Typical cluess West. "Why so glum, chum?"

"I don't know if Rileys gonna wake up." I confess. "I know I was telling her parents and Emily not to worry at first, but I'm seriously worried now."

"Bro, she will wake up." He comforts, failing. "I know it."

With that he puts on Never Get Lost and starts to dance. Soon enough, I'm dancing too. He's cheering me up, sorta. When the song's over, we both burst out laughing.

"Thanks, man." I say. "I needed that."

"You really did." He laughs. "But there's no need to thank me, bro."

I chuckle.

~~~~~~~

After rehearsing the group dance with West, I was extremely tired. I collapse on the floor.

"That. Was. Brutal." I pant. "Emily put you through all that?"

"Yeah." He laughs. "Since we lost to Elite last year, our performance has to be flawless."

"Yo, its 10:30." I say. "I gotta go. Bye."

"Bye, man."

I grab my jacket and dance bag and run outta the room. I hop into my car, still in my sweaty dance clothes. I can't wait to see Riley's gorgeous face again. And maybe, just maybe, she'll wake up today.

I get to the hospital in record time. I run up her room.

"Morning, James." Sandra says when I enter. She's Rileys doctor.

"Good morning," I reply. "Is Riley any better?"

"Yes, actually. Her heart beat is at its normal speed again," She confirms. I smile insantly appears on my face. "We can't be sure of anything yet, but I think she's going to wake up soon."

"Thanks for the reassurance," I say. "I hope she does."

She gives me a sympathetic smile. She goes out of the room. I walk up to Riley slowly. I cup her head in my hands and stoke her cheeks with my thumbs.

"Oh, Riley," I whisper. "Please wake up soon."

I go to put her head down again, when her eyes flutter open.

"Riley," I say loudly. "Oh my gosh, Riley!"

"Hm?!" She grumbles.

"Riley, honey are you okay?" I ask, suddenly worried.

"Yeah," she whispers.

"I'll get the doctor," I say. I press on the red button she has installed. Sandra runs in.

"Is anyhing wron-" She starts. "Oh. How are you feeling, Riley?"

"I'm okay," she says. "But, what happened?"

"You were involved in a car crash, and were in a coma for 3 nights." Sandra explains. "And also you suffered-"

"From headaches." I cut her off. I knuw Riley would be too worried and damage her health. Right now just isn't the time to tell her about the miscarriage. I haven't gotten over it yet, I don't think I ever will, anyways. Sandra gives me an understanding look. I nod, thankful.

"Oh," Riley speaks up. "Is everyone okay?"

"Yeah, Ri." I say. "Everyone is just fine. Don't even worry about them."

"If you say so," She sighs. "When will I be able to go home?"

"We'll run some tests and get back to you on that," Sandra says. "Hopefully, you will be able to go tomorrow."

"Okay, thanks." Riley says. Smiling, Sandra goes out of the room.

"Hey, beautiful." I say. She laughs. "I've missed you."

"Me too, James." She says. "Me too."

Riley pov

Sandra did my tests and so far, everything is looking okay. If I keep this up I'll be going home later today. James, I've noticed, has been acting weird all day. He keeps scratching the bock of his head and neck. And I know that's something that he does when he's nervous, not often.

"James, what's wrong?" I finally say.

"Hm? Oh, nothing's wrong." He lies. I can tell that the smile plastered on his face is fake.

"Can we try that again, but this time, with the truth." I say. "James, what's wrong?"

"Well, honestly?" he asks.

"Yes, honestly. 100% truth."

"During the car crash, you-" He whispers. And I'm Audrey super worried. "You miscarried."

I see the tears forming in my eyes. This day. This hour. This minute. 4:30pm. Tuesday. 3/6/2015. My heart is officially broken. She's gone. Forever.

"She- she's ... gone." I whisper the last part. James comes from where he's standing and huhs my trembling body.

"Shh. It's all going to be okay," He comforts, but its not working. "We can try again, if you like."

I close my eyes. They rest.  I need a minute alone. Just me.

"James, could y-you.." I say.

"Course, princess," He replies, understanding what I meant. "I'll give you a minute."

He steps out of the room. I just sit there and cry. Eventually, I cry myself to sleep.

James pov

I step out of the room. I get it, Riley needs her space. She just lost her baby. Our baby. I don't even know what to do. Then, I get a text. I check who it's from, random number.

I open it. I can't believe what I'm seeing. This can't be happening. Not here. Not now. Why me?