Chapter Twenty Five

~ Chapter Twenty Five: Gifts from Galadriel ~

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

              The next day, each member of the Fellowship is given an Elvish cloak.

"Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our own people." Celeborn says. "May these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes."

Legolas is putting supplies into a boat that Merry and Pippin are sitting in. He takes a piece of bread out of a pack.

"Lembas." He says, taking a bite. "Elvish waybread. One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man."

Merry and Pippin nod in agreement, as Legolas smiles and leaves.

"How many did you eat?" Merry whispers to Pippin.

"Four." Pippin responds, suddenly feeling sick, and accepting the fact that he was probably going to die.

Meanwhile, Celeborn walks with Aragorn among the trees

"Every league you travel south, the danger will increase. Mordor Orcs now hold the eastern shore of the Anduin. Nor will you find safety on the western bank. Strange creatures bearing the white hand have been seen on our borders. Seldom do Orcs journey in the open under the sun, yet these have done so."

He hands Aragorn a dagger.

"Le aphadar aen. By river you have the chance of outrunning the enemy to the Falls of Rauros."

Later, the Fellowship set out in boats. Through a series of flashbacks, Galadriel is shown giving each member of the Fellowship a gift.

"My gift for you, Legolas, is a bow of the Galadhrim. Worthy of the skill of our woodland kin."

Legolas looks at the bow in wonder, then nods gratefully.

Merry and Pippin unsheathe the daggers she has given them.

"These are the daggers of the Noldorin. They have already seen service in war. Do not fear, young Peregrin Took. You will find your courage."

Pippin looks up and grins thankfully.

"And for you, Samwise Gamgee, Elven rope made of Hithlian."

"Thank you, my lady." He says, taking the beautiful rope in his hands.

"And for you, Esmeralda West, is the bracelet of Lorien. If you place a strand of hair in the locket, it will lead you to its owner."

"Thank ya, Lady Galadriel." Esmeralda whispers.

Galadriel smiles, then bends down to her. As she fashions the bracelet on her wrist, she says, "Do not let the past haunt you, Esmeralda of Wescmärch. You will find your strength, and there is no doubt that you will have to use it."