Chapter 4

Chapter 4

            He was an instant ‘pop.’ Pop and in popular person. Jet black hair and bright green eyes, he was breath-takingly gorgeous. Many girls sighed and I rolled my eyes. “This is Darren Preston,” Mr. Morgan explained. His eyes scanned the room as he said, “Hi! I’m Darren! Nice to meet you all.”  His eyes found me and he stared. I stared back. Lauren cleared her throat, and he looked at he annoyed. She looked satisfied. He sat down with the guys. I focused on Mr. Morgan and tried hard not to glance at Darren, for every time I did, he was staring at me intently , totally oblivious to the boys’ joking around.

              As I walked with Savannah to Chemistry, Darren passed us, slowing and opening his mouth, as if he wanted to say something. I grabbed Savannah’s arm and pulled her away. “Liz Jones!” she whistled. “Who was that?” I rolled my eyes and said, “That’s Darren.” She glanced over her shoulder and rose her eyebrows. “He’s smokin’,” she said seriously. I laughed and said, “Nice observation. I noticed.” Someone tapped my shoulder and I glanced back. Darren was standing there, and I stopped, stopping Savannah, too. He bowed  with a flourish of his hand. I turned around, as if to walk away, but he grabbed my arm, stopping me. I looked at his hand, then into his honest green eyes. I got lost instantly. He was looking at me like I was the only thing he could see. I had this stupid little smile on my face, while he just stared at me. I must’ve made a stupid noise, because he smirked a little. His eyes looked like spring grass, only made into little crystals. He laughed, then said, “What’s your name?” I stood there stupidly, until Savannah elbowed me and I snapped out of it. “Liz,” I said. He looked down for a second, but I willed him to look at me again. “Liz, Liz, Liz.’ he said. Then he looked up again. “Pretty.” Then he smiled and I grit my teeth. What am I doing? Falling for a boy I don’t know? I shook my head and yanked my arm out of his grip. Then everyone had to put their two cents in.