Chapter 15

Chapter 15

              I woke up feeling content and happy. Sunday. I rolled over, then froze. I shot up in bed. Where the Hell am I? I put my closed fist in my mouth to keep myself from screaming. I slowly got out of bed and noticed I was in a tank top and fluff pants; a sleep set. I opened the door carefully and stepped out. “Umm...” I closed my eyes. “Jeremy?” Then I saw a sleepy Darren walk out of a room, presumably his. I jumped back against the door, thinking, Holy shit! Holy fucking shit! I scrabbled for the door knob as Darren stared at me. I finally found it and I bolted in the room, slamming the door shut tightly.

                 I leaned against the door, breathing heavily. This is Darren’s house? Of course Jeremy would pull something like this. Someone knocked on the door and my heart started beating really fast. “Uh, who is it?” I asked, trying to stay calm. “It’s Mrs. Preston, Darren’s mom.” she called. She said the word ‘mom’ so faintly. I wonder why. I opened the door and saw a middle-aged woman holding out clothes for me. “Um, thanks. Who put me in this?” I asked, pointing to myself, trying to keep the panic out of my voice. “I did, don’t worry, sweetie. I kept Darren away.” I sighed. “Thank, God.” I took the clothes and smiled in thanks.

                I slipped in the clothes. There was a pair of basketball shorts and a shirt that read, ‘Avenging Angels,’ whatever that is. I carefully walked out and closed the door. “Hey, Lizzie. I’ve heard all about you.” I jumped and swung around. A man stood there, looking nothing like Darren. “Um, hi,” I said politely. He put his hand out towards me. “I’m Mr. Preston, Darren’s dad,” he said, smiling. I shook his hand and said, “Elizabeth Jones.” He nodded. Darren walked out of the bathroom in a towel, and I quickly averted my eyes. “Hey, Liz, met my parents, did ya?” he asked, while I blushed. “Er, yeah. I guess,” I said, staring at the floor. Mr. Preston walked away chuckling. “It’s okay to look at me, Elizabeth,” he said, amused. I instantly looked up at him. Oh, God. He has a six-pack. He’s so muscular, it hurts. I brought my eyes to his and he smirked. “Oh, and by the way, ‘Avenging Angels’ is my band,” he said, slipping into his room.