Chapter 6

Chapter 6 

          Ignoring Darren proved difficult. Even though he never left Gio’s side, I felt his eyes on me at all times. I shivered. I stormed up to him and said, “Quit staring at me!” He smirked and said, “Can’t help it.” He said something else, but it was too low for me to hear. “Stop it, you’re creeping me out,” I said, shivering. Sheking his head, he laughed and walked away.

          “I heard she thinks she has a chance to get Darren,” Juniper said to Allie. I grit my teeth. Just because I think he’s drop dead gorgeous doesn’t mean I like him. Yes it does. Shut up! “I know. I head Lauren is going to get him, though,” Allie said, giggling. I turned around and Allie ran into me. It’s like I’m invisible. “I can hear you, you know,” I said angrily. She didn’t say anything, just pushed past me and hurried on her way.

          So many people have this stupid urge to stare at me whenever Darren is near. Once I caught Adam looking at me like he was going to say something, but I glared at him and he quickly moved away. I growled and looked around, glaring at everyone else. Mrs. Carter was late, so I dozed off. Someone pulled my hair and I shot up. It was Tansy. I slapped her hand and she snickered. Mrs. Carter finally walked in and last class went by in a blink. I caught Kelli’s arm and screamed, “Jake! Time to go!”