Chapter 30

Chapter 30

       As Sephrina called my other Mom, posing as the school's principal, Darren and I had a flying lesson. "So it's really just that easy?" I asked. He nodded. "Just think about my wings, and they'll appear?" He nodded again, eyes shining. I shrugged, closing my eyes and picturing my wings how I saw them. I opened them back up when I felt a shimmery feeling. I glanced over my shoulder and gasped. They were there!

      For about three hours, Darren and I practiced flying and getting the hang of it. After I did another loop, Darren chuckled and said, "I think that's good for today." I smiled and landed. Not too gracefully. I stumbled and almost fell, but Darren caught me. "Easy, there," he said. "Don't want to break that pretty face." I looked up and saw he was joking. I slapped him. "Stop it, dickwad!" He chuckled, grabbing my hand and pinning it to his chest.

     My heart stuttered and he gave me a crooked smile. I could feel his hard muscles through his shirt. I suddenly wanted to rip it right off him. He leaned down and caught my lips with his. I kissed him hard. After a few minutes, he pulled back. "I love you," he whispered huskily. I looked up in surprise. "I love you too," I said. He smiled and bent to kiss me again.