Chapter 3

Chapter 3

             Savannah and I are in different home rooms, so I said bye to her and walked into mine. Mr. Morgan was my home room teacher, and he looked really tired. I smiled at him, but he didn’t notice. I hear a few snickers. “Nice shirt,” someone said. My eyes searched for the person who said it. They snapped to Lauren, the leader of the ‘group.’ She was smirking as she said, “Where’d you get it, the trash bin?” I narrowed my eyes at her as a chorus of laughter filled the room. I rolled my eyes and flipped her off. I scanned the room for an open seat. There was one next to Rory, but seeing as he just picked his nose and ate it, I an not sitting there. You’d think a senior wouldn’t do it, but he does, nonetheless. It’s sick. I finally settled for a seat next to Bethany, but she didn’t even look up from her book. I sighed, and that’s when the taunting started.

           “Look at her  Reading in public... for fun!”  Tansy sneered. I glared at her. Bethany gasped, but didn’t say anything. “Ew, look. She has acne!” She gasped for dramatic effect. “And leg hair!” It was too much. ‘What is your problem?” I asked her nastily. I twisted around in my seat to glare at her properly. Tansy gave me a disgusted look. She started fanning herself with he right hand. “Lauren  This leech just talked to me,” she said. I grit my teeth as the snickers multiplied. “Suck it the Hell up,” I muttered. Bethany looked at me in silent thanks. Mr. Morgan shushed the class and said, “Class, we have a new student.” The door opened and in walked the newbie.