A Special Kind of Secret

Chapter 1

              Today I am in charge of waking everyone up. I’m the oldest kid in the house, what did you expect? I groaned and looked at my alarm clock. Ugh, 6:30 already. I yawned and sat up. I swung my feet over the side of my bed and stood up. “Kelli! Jacob! Get you lazy butts up now!” I screamed, looking at the ceiling. I head a distant thump come from across the hall and realized Jacob just fell off his bed. I heard a groan and he said, “What the hell, Liz?” I smirked. “First day of school! Kelli you better be up, or so help me God.” Kelli slammed her foot on the ground and slammed her fists against the wall in response. Just the way I like it. Get ‘em going in the morning. I slammed the door in a grumpy Jacob’s face and yelled, “Get dressed! Jacob, make breakfast! No sugar cereal!” I put on clean jean-shorts, and my favorite T-shirt. I slipped my DCs on and walked out.

               “Kel, come here ” I said, walking into the kitchen. Kelli came immediately. She loves me, I know. “I need you to hold this,” I said, holding out my new Math book. I looked over at Jacob and rolled my eyes. “Oh, God. You can’t even handle putting cream cheese on bagels. You’re an idiot!” He put his hands up, “Hey! I’m a guy! Girls usually do this sorta thing for me.” I smacked the back of his head and said, “Mom deserves to sleep in today. I thought you could handle it. Jake, the least you could do is make bagels.” He rolled hie eyes at me. I took my Math book back from Kelli and shoved it into my electric green backpack. I grabbed a bagel and said, “Let’s go!”