Chapter 12

(SARAH'S POV)

I came out of the bathroom, ready to plop down on the bed and relax. Once I stepped out, I saw Harry already lying down on the bed, a couple beer cans next to him. Empty beer cans. I sighed. Harry may have changed, but I do know that if he's drinking in the middle of the day, then he's upset about something. I walked towards the bed, and Harry gave me a bright smile.

"Sarrrrrahhhhhhh.", he greeted me very childishly. I gave him a warm smile. I wasn't dating him anymore, but I would still take care of him.

"Hello Harry.", I greet back, lying down on the bed next to him.

"Let's snuggle.", he said, straight off the bat. I was slightly taken aback.

"Harry what's wrong?", I ask, putting a comforting hand on his chest. I felt his body tense up, and he looked down at where my hand was. He gradually loosened up.

"You-you don't even get it do you?", he questioned, obvious pain in his eyes.

"Get what?", I asked, confused. Harry frowned but then gave me a small painful smile before getting up off the bed and walking out of the room.

"I'm gonna get more beer.", he mumbled. I frowned, not sure whether to go after him or not. He seemed really upset, I didn't know if I should leave it or try to help him. My decision was made for me when Eleanor walked in, stopping me from going anywhere. She announced she needed to go pick up a package at a post office, and declined my offer when I would go with her. She said good-bye, and left my room, but it was already too late to go after Harry. I sat watching the door, just thinking. I don't know how long. I don't even know what about. Just weird questions, like do penguins have knees, or what does water taste like? I frowned once I realized I didn't know. I didn't know a lot of things anymore. A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts.

"Got a minute?", Louis asked from the doorway. I gave him a smile and nodded, patting the bed, allowing him to join me. He walked in then jumped on my bed, lying out on it like it was his own. I giggled. Typical Lou.

"Anything you need to talk about?", I asked, wondering why he came to talk to me. He just shrugged.

"Well you're my friend, and I've hardly spent time with you this vacation.", he explained.

"You have Eleanor now.", I reminded him, not like he could forget. He smiled, and it was obvious he loved her. But when he looked at me, there was a look in his eyes, that I couldn't make out.

"But I miss my best friend.", he spoke softly. I laid a hand on his shoulder and smiled.

"I'm here.", I comforted him, knowing he was talking about me. It was true, Lou and I were best friends. Inseparable. We faded though, once Harry and I broke up. The break up was like a divorce, and Harry had gotten Louis. My lip quivered, threatening to cry. I willed back my tears, unsure if I was crying because of the break-up, or because of Lou.

"You and him were perfect.", Louis suddenly says, like he was reading my mind. He looked at me to respond, but I found it hard to.

"Nothing can ever be perfect.", I finally sad, only earning a small smile from Lou.

"I guess you guys were the only exception.", he says, honesty in his eyes. I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. I was saved by a call from downstairs.

"I'm home!", Eleanor sang from downstairs. Louis gave me a small wave, and left, knowing he now would have to go be with her. I rolled over on my bed, and snuck under the covers. Actually, I hid under the covers. I don't know how long it took me, but I found myself crying. Crying softly into my pillow, my sheets, my shirt. It didn't matter. Crying is crying. Tears are tears. Well, I think tears are more of emotions, and feeling, escaping from your eyes since you can't find the strength through your mouth.

(A/N: OMG THAT WAS SO COOL. I MADE UP THAT LAST LINE. ABOUT TEARS BEING FEELINGS AND SHIT. haha please vote or comment or tell you friends about me! thanks to my like one reader haha)