Chapter 20

(SARAH'S POV)

I would have ran into my room crying, but that was wear it was happening. Louis reached out for my hand, but a quick glance from El and his hand shrunk back down. I cleared my voice and straightened my posture, attempting to look normal.

"Sorry? For what?", I tried to play it off. Another scream ripped through the house, making me wince as I tried to smile. El was about to open her mouth, but Louis just squeezed her hand, stopping her. If I was going to pretend everything was fine, so were they. Suddenly the constant screaming stopped, and I realized my nightmare was finally over. I heard footsteps, so I turned towards the stairs, watching a girl in a crooked dress walk down with her high heels in her hand. It was the girl from the club. Shortly behind her was Harry, smiling like he just had sex. Which he did.

"Thanks Harry.", she said with a wink, heading for the door, and getting into a yellow taxi that had been strangely waiting for her. Lou, Eleanor and I turned our attention to Harry, who just had a white towel wrapped around his waist.

"Oh hey Sarah. Did you have fun at the club? I know I did.", Harry spoke up. I scowled at him and pushed past him, making sure I slammed into him when I did. I rushed upstairs into my room, throwing my bag and shoes on the ground. I screamed, frustrated, and started crying, hitting everything I saw, causing no actual damage. Suddenly, I felt strong arms come up behind me, grabbing my arms and holding them still while they pulled me into their owners chest. I could tell from the way my back fitted up with the chest, it wasn't Harry. This person was shorter. I turned around and looked up at my old best friend, Louis, before crashing into his chest, softly crying as he stroked my hair, drawing soothing circles on my back just like he always did. I caught a glimpse of the bed and suddenly my anger rose again. I broke away from Lou's grip and ran towards it, ripping off the sheets, stuffing them in the dirty clothes bin, disgusted to even look at them. Again, Lou got a hold of me, and soothed me again, until he picked my fragile body up and moved me onto my bare bed, ready to leave.

"Stay.", I whispered. And so he did. When I woke up hours later, Louis and I were spooning, his arm draped over my hip and our bodies pressed together. I smiled, remembering the old days. Apparently he felt me wake up, and got up, smiling at me before kissing me on the forehead and walking out of my room. Soon, El came in with fresh sheets and comforters for the bed. She gave me a weak smile.

"Sorry I wasn't there for you early. Louis insisted on going alone and requested that no one disturb him until he came out.", Eleanour explained. I smiled slightly, now knowing Louis insisted on comforting me. He knew he was about the only one who could do it.

"It's fine. Thank you for the sheets.", I said, taking them from her. She nodded, and stood there, not sure what to say.

"Where's Harry?", I asked, breaking the silence.

"He stormed off awhile ago. Hours ago at least.", she shrugged. I rolled my eyes.

"Probably going for round two.", I mumbled. El shook her head.

"He looked mad. Like, mad that you were mad...". I said nothing. "He still loves you. It's obvious."

"Then why would he do this?", I asked desperately.

"The same reason you did."

"Yea but I didn't actually do anything!"

"Does he know that?", El questioned, already knowing the answer. She hesitated before leaving the room, so I was alone it my sadness. I quickly made the bed and showered, changing into my pajamas. When I was climbing into bed, I was relieved to see no Harry, but worried since it was about 6 in the morning. Still, my eyes tired from crying, eagerly closed, glad to leave reality for a bit.