Dimitri Orlov.

"Well it started like this."
Malachi Romanov was the man Alex had been sent to take out, purely because he was an annoying sleazeball a helpful one, but annoying all the same.
Malachi was a short man around 5"7 with slicked back red hair and beady black eyes. His olive skin tone was a strange contrast to his hair. For a 37 year old man, Malachi overall had not aged well.
What with his potbelly, and greying temples.
But no matter the appearance Malachi was good, he could make you disappear without a a trace and clear up even the shadiest of deals.
Alex had been watching from his perch on the top of a library building, as Malachi addressed a man hidden in a grey coat and a black fedora.
Alex could say now the man wasn't achieving the inconspicuous look very well.
It would been a clean take out, as soon as the man left he would take the shot straight through the temple.
He watched uninterested as a women appeared and skipped up to the man in the black fedora, kissing him on the cheek happily.
She was beautiful to say the least, with tanned limbs and curling brown hair that reached her waist.
From what Alex could see, she was tall, wearing a cream coloured dress and leather jacket, not much to protect against the cold.
Alex sighed in relief as the man and the women left and he moved to take the shot, he had played it out in his head perfectly.
But that was where things started to go round.
What Alex had not expected was for the women to turn round and sprint back, hugging Malachi protecting him like a shield.
He could all but watched as his shot hit her left temple and not Malachi's, she dropped like a rock, a look of pure surprise etched on her features.
Malachi turned a second to late and met with a bullet straight through his eyes.
Alex packed up his equipment and stalked out of his perch into the shadows, but not before he caught the grief stricken look of the man in the black fedora.
Alex would know that man anywhere, this man was the leader of the underground mafia, his existence made the organisation.
Alex bloody Rider had just killed Dimitri Orlov's beloved wife.
He had unintentionally written his death in stone, at the hands of the worlds most dangerous man.
Not wasting a second longer Alex vanished the opposite way he came, leaving no trace.
Only one thought lingered in Alex's mind, he hadn't accounted for everything, he had screwed up bigtime.