Chapter Nineteen

His punishment for me did have me upset and Abraxas even more so. He had killed Samara along with some mudblood girl in the bathroom. Professor Slughorn was downstairs. He told us that with the death of two students and not knowing who was behind these attacks, the school would close.

I turned around immediately, glancing at the angered look on Tom's face, before walking up. That oaf Hagrid was about to get framed if Isabel or Bex didn't say anything. But, it seemed by their last dinner, that the two were gone. Professor Dippet had informed them that they had found the one behind the attacks.

Unfortunate for Hagrid.

The school would remain open and Tom would be receiving an award for finding out the person behind the attacks. But even so, I wouldn't dare say it was him really behind them.

I simply wrote a letter to my Father. I was sure he would not receive it for a while, but when he did, he will be told that I have left. That Tom was a half-blood and not worthy and that I would not be returning to Hogwarts or home.

To put it simply, I was not having anything else to do with these people. I left during dinner that night. Professor Dumbledore stopped me before I left the grounds.

"Miss Grindelwald, I believe that the festivities are still going for Mr. Riddle," he informed.

I turned and faced him before saying, "You and I both know that Tom killed my friend. Not Hagrid."

"Then speak up, Ariana," he said with a soft tone.

I smiled gently before saying, "I'm way too scared to die." I had only guessed it had to stay like this simply because neither Bex or Isabel had exposed it at all. And they most definitely could have. And would have.

"Ariana?"

"I'm sorry, Professor," I told him. "But I can't stay here. I won't be returning home and hopefully."

*years later*

I closed my eyes as I knew what was happening. Tom had come to power, come to be feared. He was Voldemort to few, and Tom to fewer. He remained to be He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named to everyone else.

He was looking for me. By now, I could easily defend myself from Tom, I decided I wouldn't need to. I'd apply for a teaching job at Hogwarts.

*~fin cause I am a terrible person :) ~*

this is the end, by the way.