Chapter 16

Jenny had explained everything to Clemont about what had happened. About the aftermath of the Hope Tower Incident, the forming of the KSATTF and how she was the commander of the task force. Clemont had just stand there, quietly taking all the things that were being told to him.

" I see, so the events that took place on Christmas Day caused the KSATTF to be formed?" Clemont said, stroking his chin in thought.

"Correct, as long a threat exists in this region, so will we."

"Are all the members from Kalos?" Clemont asked.

"Not exactly." Mike said. "The best of the best from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova are all given an opportunity to join. Some of our members even came from the International Police."

"Wow, the KSATTF is a really well manned task force." Serena said.

"And not a good sign for us..." Jessie grumbled from a distance.

"Hm? You said something Jessie?"

James asked.

"No... I didn't say anything." Jessie lied.

"Anyway, that's how it all went down, and now we're here." Jenny said. "Before I was captured, I was investigating suspicious activity that was occurring around the area, trucks driving off track into the middle of nowhere. I tailed the trucks and it led me here."

"Excuse me for interrupting." Clemont said. "Mike, did your find out who was leading this extremist group?"

"That's a negative on that." Mike said. "We've searched the entire camp and we couldn't find a single trace of the-"

Suddenly, an loud explosion erupted from within the camp, the shockwave caused by the explosion pushed everyone onto the ground.

"What the hell was that?!" Mike shouted.

"It was an explosion." Clemont said. "But where could it have possibly come from?"

"Are we under attack?! Again?!" Jessie yelled.

Jenny got up on her feet and tapped on her earpiece that she was just given.

"I want a damage a report now!" Jenny broadcasted on the team's TAC radio frequency.

"All personals reported green ma'am!" The soldier on the other end, Private Michael Monroe, said.

"But... We got a problem!"

"Well spit it out soldier what is it?!"

"The... the giant object being constructed! It's on fire!"

"What?!"

Jenny ran towards the centre of the camp, while the others followed behind her. When they reached the giant unknown construction, it was engulfed in a blaze of fire, the KSATTF members using their water-type Pokemon to prevent it from spreading.

"What happened here?!" Mike asked the Private.

"Sir! We think the source of the explosion came from the object!" Private Michael said.

"An attack?"

"Negative, we didn't see any projectiles, we believe it might have been bombs planted on the construction site."

"Bombs...!?" Serena said in curiosity.

"They must have had a contingency plan to get rid of any traces of what they were doing!" Jenny said.

Mike cursed. How did he not noticed any bombs when he made a quick inspection of the construction not so very long ago. When he finally got back to his senses, he turned to face everyone.