CHAPTER 4

~ Mother's Day ~

Since today was Mother's Day, I decided to just spend the entire day shopping with my mom. We always go to certain stores, just to keep a tradition.

I want to  speak with her about how she feels about Daniel, my dad usually speaks so she can't say how she really feels. He's quite the control freak but others say its only because he's very, very protective.

My mom strides down the stairs with a black dress, fit to her body and black stilettos. Her brown hair is down and her clear gloss forms her lips. I smile and she smiles back. "Are you ready?" She asks checking her phone, and grabbing her gray knit sweater. I nod and trail behind her to the car. "So how are you and Daniel?" She asks, 10 minutes into driving. I grin, "How did you know?" She then laughs, "I haven't been able to sleep and I've been hearing your late night talks."

"Why haven't you been sleeping?"

"Small pains in my stomach, that's all." She assures. I nod, "That's-- That sucks... have you tried the doctors?" She shrugs, "I told you its nothing Lori. I'm fine." Her voice is now stern so I sit back. She isn't telling me something, but I decide to let it go.

We park the car and head into the store. 

"Jasmine?" A lady's voice is heard and my mom swiftly turns. I eye my mom and she doesn't really seem excited to see the person. "Ahem, Vanessa how are you?" My mom asks, clearing her voice.

The lady now known as Vanessa smiles, "Just a little shopping with Daniel... he loves accompanying his mother." I look to my mom and she rolls her eyes.

"Hey mom I-- Lori?" Daniel asks stuttering. I nod and a smile creeps onto his beautifully structured face. Sorry, too much? "You two know each other?" His mom asks, surely in disgust.

"They're involved Vanessa." My mom says, a slight smirk pulls on her lips. Vanessa raises her eyebrows, "Well Jasmine. I'd prefer your daughter didn't see my son. He's far too- well just too far." the smugness is clear in her voice. Daniel then scoffs and moves into the small circle, "You will not tell me who I should and shouldn't date. I'm eighteen for god sake." I chuckle a bit.

My mom stands with her arms crossed and her hip out. I can always tell when she's clearly upset. The same formation is taken.

"As long as you live under my roof, you go by my rules Daniel," Vanessa eyes her son, but not with anger.. but hurt, "Now lets go." She turns and walks, but he doesn't follow. She looks back, "Well?" He shakes his head, "No."

"No?"

He nods, "Yeah, I said no. I will not live with you if you think you're controlling my life." She gives a laugh, "Fine. Good luck."

My mom steps up, "Daniel can stay with us."

Vanessa eyes my mother with evilness, "You will regret this Jasmine." My mom walks closer, "My husband holds your husbands entire life in his hands. Try me." Vanessa breathes out angrily and walks off.

"Mom! You did not just- oh my god! Thank You!" I screech. Daniel smiles, "Mrs. Wilkinson, you really didn't ha-"

My mom smiles, "Only till you get your own apartment Mr. Knight. I have to inform my husband that his daughters boyfriend will be staying with us but, I got this."  Daniel holds my hand in his, "I promise you can trust me ma'am." She laughs, "Yeah, I trust you. Now you two go and shop a bit. I need to go and tell Lori's dad."  We both nod and begin walking away.

"This will be so fun." I say, kissing his cheek. Daniel grins, "Yes, but I respect your mother and father too Lori." I chuckle, "You're right... sorry."

He smiles, leaning down and pressing a kiss to my cheek.