CHAPTER 11

I was cleaning out my closet when I overheard a females voice from down the hall. I got up from folding and opened my door just enough to peek. My dad, Daniel, and a petite blonde were outside my dads office. Her hand is on Daniels shoulder, and she's smiling. They all are. I slightly slip through the door to go downstairs but my dad calls my name.

"Lori," he waves me over, "Meet Miss King, she works with me and Daniel at the studio.." I slowly nod my head, I lock my arm around Daniel's arm and the girl eyes it and smirks looking down.

"Well, shall we?" My dad steps aside and Daniel walks into his office with the girl following. "Uh-" I begin to talk but they close the door. "Okaaay.." I roll my eyes then head back to my room. I sit down and start folding clothes again. Then the voices begin again but its only Daniel and Miss King. I put my ear to the wall and listen.

"Daniel, you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend?" She says.

"Thought you knew?" He remarks.

She scoffs, "How are you dating the bosses daughter and not dead? I mean any guy that looks at her gets taken down."

How did she know about me but I've never heard about her?

"I'm likable." He says, sounding a bit flirty. She giggles. Ew.

I open up my door, "Daniel, can you come here?" He nods and smiles to her before walking to me. "You're gonna make it to Halloween right?"

His hand moves to my cheek and he smiles, "Of course, see you then babe.."

I exhale with relief and reach up to kiss him but he moves his head. He gives a small smile then walks away.