CHAPTER 14

I've been sleeping till noon and not even attempting to get out of bed even after waking up. The covers are just laying over my body and pulled up to my chin. "Lori, get dressed, we have quest coming in about an hour." My mom yells from outside my room. I groan and turn over, my face in my pillow.

I flip back over, throwing the covers off and drag my feet walking over to my closet. I pull out a nude colored dress and black heels. I throw them onto my bed then grab my slippers and walk over to the bathroom. I turn the knob then then the hot water run.

The showers water sprays down my back because I'm sitting on the shower floor.

I break into tears and lay my head in my knees. I sit and cry a good 10 minutes before standing to my feet and washing my hair. Stepping out I wrap the towel around my hair then another around my body. I take the blow dryer out and begin blow drying and combing out my hair. It makes it softer.

After my hair dries, I rub eye corrector under my eyes to cover some redness. I throw my hair up in a bun and begin my makeup. I start walking back to my room and then put on my dress and shoes. I toss on some jewelry then head downstairs. I let my hair down and swished it around. I walked directly into the kitchen to my mom. "Honey, smile a bit.." I looked up sadly, (photo above) and didn't smile.

"Lori, just for today." My mom insisted. I give a small smile but it quickly fades. She sighs and kisses my forehead before leaving in the kitchen as I snack on the appetizers.

Stuffing a crab cake in my mouth I!hear small chuckles and I look up to see two brunettes. I furrow my eyebrows, "I'm sorry, is something funny?" They shrug and one says, "Isn't it obvious?" In a disgusted voice.

The other laughs, "Your family is a mess. And your mom is a whore." I walk over and look them straight in the eyes, "Listen, I'm not in the mood, you better watch your tone with me or Turkey won't be the only main course." They eye me in terror and walk away.

I breathe out and chug down a champagne on the table. I'm under age so I do it while no ones looking of course.