CHAPTER 5

*** Daniel's P.O.V ***

It was around 6 PM and Lori has gone out with her friends. I'm staying here at her house now. Her dad, Mr. Wilkinson, has been giving me the eye, causing me to choke up every now and then.

"How long will you be here exactly?" Mr. Wilkinson's voice asks from the door. I look up from my work "Uh I-I don't know yet..just til' I get back on my feet." He grins and looks down, looking back up he forms a hard line with his mouth, staring at me attentively but doesn't speak. I uncomfortably shifted a bit and fidgeted with my pen. "After you leave this house," he began moving closer, "I would appreciate if you stayed away from my daughter, Daniel."

I now eyed him. Is he serious?

"What?"I let out.

He stood tall with his hands in his pockets. "My daughter doesn't need you. Soon she'll see that." I bite my lower lip and stand. "I am in love with your daughter Mr. Wilkinson. You can keep me away but nothing and mean nothing will stop me from loving or fighting for her." I stood before him, looking brave as can be but in all honesty I was scared shitless. What if he punched and kicked me out then and there? What if he murdered me and told everyone I picked up and left? What if he murdered me, and-and told Lori I never loved her?

"I'm a very protective father and husband Mr. Knight. My daughter and son don't need the competitors son too close." He says, as one hand stays in the pocket and the other in front of him.

I scoff, "Mr. Wilkinson, I would never hurt Lori. She's brought me into a new light, I feel more like I actually matter." He stifles a laugh, "Kid. You're young and in love, I get it, I do. But I'm sick of these non sense words with no damn actions. I take actions and not just pointless words." I frown, "I get tha-"

"So stop whining and man up kid." He informs me.

"Mr. Wilkinson," I ask, "I just want to be good for her. I'm sure you weren't the best for your wife but you guys still made it work...I have hope that me and Lori can get through anything as long as we have each other." He nods, "Yeah... Daniel the thing is I don't approve. Lori has a lot going on right now. Your father believes that I have taken you. Which is completely absurd, you don't know anything about what I work for and how I work."

"Then teach me." I suggest.

He just laughs, "Teach you? What I do isn't easy kid. It can't just be taught. Takes months, no years to know exactly how my company works." I move closer and exhale, "I'm willing to do that...if it means you'll trust me."

His hands are now in his suit pockets and he nods, "Alright, wake up tomorrow morning at six o'clock. Get dressed and meet me down in my office."

"Will do."

"Get ready to go to work, Mr. Knight. I promise, it won't be easy working with the people I work with."