CHAPTER 30

Lori fussed with her shoes her dad had brought her, everyone else was picked up already. Sam talked to the officer. "I'm getting her out. You let the other kids out without a fuss didn't you?"

"Two of those kids were already 18 and 19, they didn't need a parent. Lori is 17, you need to sign things Mr. Wilkinson." The officer reliped. You could tell he was just starting this job as he fidgeted with the papers in hand. Sam nodded, then looked back at his daughter disappointed. She sunk into her seat leaning back, biting her bottom lip.

When Sam finished he stared at her, then shook his head, "What were you thinking?"

"Dad we didn't think it was a big deal. We're fine." Lori ensured her father. (photo above)

"You could have gotten hurt. The beach is dangerous late at night. You told me and your mother you'd be at the movies. But instead I get a call at 3 in the morning say my daughter has be arrested for trespassing." Sam eyes her. He was worried, he didn't want to loose his temper.

"I know, and I'm sorry, I am." She said.

He looked at her, "Who's idea was this anyways?" She looked down, "Daniel.." His lips formed a hard lip, "Of course." He turned slightly looking back at her before walking off and she closely followed behind. (below photo)

 (below photo)

*****

At the house, Jasmine paced back and forth awaiting her daughter. "What do I do with this girl."

Liam laughed, "You act like she got in huge trouble. I know you'll all be laughing later."

"You knew they were planning this?" Jasmine asks. Liam gestures as if hes ziping his mouth and he ran up stairs. Jasmine rolled her eyes and chuckled.

The door began to open and Jasmine charged towards the door.

"I already talked to her." Sam assured his wife and Jasmine breathed out, "You did?" He nodded. She smiled, "You actually had a civil conversation with out daughter?"

He nodded, "Not that had babe."

"For you it is." Lori snickers. Jasmine nods. Sam furrowed his eyebrows and looked between his wife and daughtr, "Say you're kidding, I'm good at being a father guys."

"Okay, you got us, you're good." Jasmine raised her hands in defense. And the three laughed.

When both girls walked away, Sam thought, was I not a good father? He didn't wanna beileve that could be true, he's good with his son. But he rarely sees his baby girl Ame.. His older daughter never talks to him anyways. What could he be doing wrong?