CHAPTER 21

The family sat in front of their fireplace and talked for hours. They talked about plans, they talked about Jasmine going to the doctor's and getting the blood test. Of course Sam had fees back about the decision. But since it was family time, he pushed it away.

While they chatted about names for the baby girl that was due, a knock came from the front door. Everyone looked at each other and each of them shrug, Sma got up and walked to the door and Jasmine followed behind.

He answered the door and they both eye the man before them, "Sup?" He said. "Who are you?" Sam asks, prospectively holding his wife at side since he seemed to only look directly at Jasmine, the guy chuckles, "Have I really changed that much?" Jasmine eyes the man and tilts her head before realizing who he was. Instead of stating it aloud, she moves from Sam and hugs the still unknown guy.

"How have you been Matt, its been so long!" She exclaims. Sam's face is as if he'd seen a ghost. They've never been the best friends. Matt was best friends with Nash Grier, Jasmine's ex-boyfriend. Matt was still handsome of course, his brown eyes had a small tint of green. His hair was brushed up and a leather jacket fit him nicely. Sam watches over the two before walkinh back to the couches. "Who was at the door Dad?" He sips his scotch and looks down, "An old friend." The two kids look and each other.

While Sam went back to drinking, the kids chatted then walked over to where their mom was; the peaked around the corner and saw Matt with Jasmine. They smiled and laughed. Liam snickered, "So that's why dad's drinking.." Lori laughed which caused both Jasmine and Matt's heads to look over. "Guys, come meet a college friend of mine."

"These are your kids.. I'm Matt Espinosa. Your mother and I used to talk." He smiled kindly and the kids nodded, shaking his hand one at a time.

Matt was in town for about 2 weeks. He wanted to stop by and see how Jasmine was doing. He was surprised to see she had 2 teens and baby on the way.

After they chatted he handed Jasmine a paper with his number and where he'd be staying. He went to turn on his heel when Jasmine grabbed his arm. Sam's gaze grew tense as he looked between the two.

Jasmine pulled Matt into her arms then let go and kindly smiled. He gave a smile back and went on his way.

"What was that about?" Sam asked, cleary annoyed. She chuckled lightly and kissed his cheek and walked away. He stood dumbfounded and frowned.