CHAPTER 16

I was a little past 5:00 p.m and I was standing near my mom as she spoke with other women at a charity event. Its Christmas but I promised I'd go. I was in my world when someone tapped my shoulder, I looked up and my eyes met with blue eyes. "Hey, sorry, my names Seth..." He smiles and extends his hand, so I take it, "My mom and your dad are great friends, uh her names Andrea." I nodded and gave a small smile. I had no idea who his mom was. Well at least I've never heard of her.

"Yeah, well my mom met your dad when you were small, it was a long time ago but she said he was so good with you." He laughs and smiles. He's cute. I actually do remember her, she looked a bit like my mom. Hazel eyes and long brown hair. I smiled, "I think I remember her... what are you doing here?" He shyly chuckles, "Well my mom thinks I should talk to you.. she's insane though." I blush, "I have- well I have a boyfriend." He nods, "I figured that, you're way to pretty to be single. Uhm, where is he?"

I fluster, I honestly have no idea. "I'm pretty sure he's home... like at his house." I take a guess.

Seth nods, "You know, you don't have to lie. You could just say you're not interested. I'm a big boy." I shake my head, "No, I really do have a boyfriend. Its just we got in a slight argument, so we aren't exactly on good terms." He chuckles, "Well whatever happened, I'm sure ya'll will figure it out. I gotta go but I'll be seeing you." he gives a smile and walked away with his hands in his pockets.