CHAPTER 29

It was near 9 pm and the two couples: Lori and Liam; Isaiah and Emma stood on the small ledge over the water. Emma sighs, "You guys know we aren't supposed to be here, if we get caught-"

"If. If we get caught Em." Isaiah laughs at his girlfriends fear.

Emma hits his shoulder, "I'm serious, 'breaking and entering' will not look good on college aapplications!" Lori shrugs, "Emma, come on life just a little, we'll be just fine hun!"

Daniel shakes his head, "Yeah because all we did was cut open a beach gate and sneak our way to the top.." sarcasm was thick in his voice. Lori chuckled and intertwined her arm with his.

Suddenly a flashlight could bee seen just under where the two couples stood. They each ducked down and quickly hid.

"We see you!" The beach police shouted. "Come out." They warned.

*****

"It could be worse.." Daniel laughed.

"Yet its all your fault." Lori laughed. (photo below)

"I can't believe I'm here

"I can't believe I'm here." Lori let out. The ground of the small holding cell was sticky, and it smelled of pee and puke.

"I can't breathe. Honestly. Oh dear jesus, we need out of here. My mother is going to be pissed. And my dad? Oh no, oh god. This- this doesn't look good on a college application Daniel! It jist doesn't!" Emma breathed hard and fast, holding her stomach.

"Em, chill, okay, I got this." Daniel laughed. "Oh, do you? Do you?" Emma asked, hands on her hips and raised eyebrows, "Because it seems to me that you don't think before you act, doofus!"

Isaiah watched the two agrue from the corner until he had enough, "Daniel, this was your idea, but Em, we did agree even when we knew it was a bad idea. Now can we all just simmer down.." Lori chuckled as Emma threw her arms around her waist frustrated and stomped to sit on the bench against the wall.

To be continued...