CHAPTER 1

You've probably heard of my parents, Sam and Jasmine Wilkinson? Well if you don't know of them then they are one of the most wealthiest couples around. My dad is a famous singer and my mom is a well known model. I have a younger brother named Liam, only two years younger but still little. I'm a senior at Halstrom Academy; along with my two childhood friends Natalie and Emma.

Natalie is dating my brother. How does he get someone but yet I can't get anyone to look at me?

My dad says I'm not confident enough and that's always key. My mom says its the way I dress, when all I wear is a uniform. But, I do have my eye on someone. He's also a senior in my school, his name is Daniel Knight. God, even is name sounds amazing.

"Lori! Come on!" My brother yells. I grab my bag and walk to the living room. "Do you have a date for that ball tomorrow night hun?" My mom asks, sipping her tea. I shrug and look down. My dad laughs, "Lori, put your hair down," he stands and walks to me as I let it down, "leave it this way, you look beautiful like your mom." I smile and hug him before racing out the door to Liam.

*****

When I got to school I looked for Daniel, I wanted to ask him to accompany me tomorrow night. I spotted him with his brother Isaiah (Emma has the hugest crush on that one), anyways, I moved my hair around then stood straight. I struted over and he looked up smiling. "Hey, uhm was wondering if you wanna go to a dance thing tomorrow?" I said nervously.

He stood up, and gazed at me for 5 seconds, "Sure, what color dress are you wearing?" I almost screamed out loud but responded as calmly as possible, "Black." with a smirk then walked away.

Natalie and Emma watched me walk to them with wide eyes, I squealed and hugged them.

"What made you do that?" Natalie asked. I shrugged with the biggest smile and they both smiled like proud parents. I looked back and he was still staring, not like what-did-I-just do stare but a wow-shes-beautiful one, and it felt good.

I walked to the lunch room where Liam joins us, taking the seat next to Natalie. I'm poking at my peas when the table goes quite, I look up and everyone is staring above my head. I slowly turn and Daniel is smirking down at me. I gulp hard. "Hey, can I sit?" He asks. I nod and he throws his leg over the bench, leaving one leg out so he's facing me.

I bite down on my lower lip to control my smiling.

"Lori?"

Oh my he knows my name. "Yeah?" I ask looking directly at him. My brother eyes him then furrows his eyebrows, "You're Daniel yeah?" Daniel breaks his attention from me and looks to Liam "Yeah..why?"

Liam sits straight, "Your dad knows my dad, his name is Sam Wilkinson." Daniel smiles, "Yeah, I guess daddy already approves." Daniel says smirking. A shiver moves down my spine where his hand lays, on my lower back.

After everyone meets everyone, Daniel takes my hand and he walks me to an empty hall, at first I tense up then he gives me a smile.

Dear lord.

"Your dad..." he begins, "He doesn't like me."

"But you said-"

"I know what I said Lori, but that was just in front of them. I wanna be real with you, because the truth is I kinda like a girl that takes matters into her own hands." He says laughing. I smile, "Thank you." He nods and takes my hand in his, "I won't let your dad come in between us."

I smile, before hugging him.

*****

"Mom!" I yelled as soon as I got home. She peeped her head around the corner and smiled big, "Find a date?" I grinned wide and skipped over, "His name is Daniel Knight."

"Knight?" My dad questioned.

I nodded.

"No." He said. I sighed, "Dad, he's so sweet and cute."

He chuckles, "Don't tell me you already like this boy, what did he do? Give you 5 seconds of attention?" My mom rolls her eyes,"Oh Sam, shut up, give the boy a chance." He glares at her then sighs, "Fine."

I clap then kiss his cheek before running up to my room.