CHAPTER 17

~January 11TH~

The pub I sat in was smokey and smelled of sweat. It was a "21 and Under" bar so it was filled with teens like me. I sipped my mango daiquiri.

I needed to get out of the house while my parents fuss over the baby shower.

I threw my feet up onto the chair that was on the other side of the small table. I gulped more of my drink and pulled out my phone scrolling through my Twitter.

"Can I sit?"

I looked up to see Daniel. I rolled my eyes, "I don't know Daniel, with your blonde whore be joing us too?" He chuckled, and moved my feet sitting in front of me.

"I didn't say you could sit Daniel." My voice says harsher than intened but, oh well.

He sits straight and eyes me, "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be home." I scoff, "You say that like you're the boss of me, or like you're still my boyfriend." His smile grows smaller, "I am. You didn't break up with me, you just yelled and said bye.."

"Isn't that enough?" I hiss.

"No, actually."

I grab my coat but he grabs my wrist. "Let me go." I remark but he shakes his head. "You're about to be 18 for fucks sake, stop acting like a damn child. Please don't you think everyone deserves a second chance? I've said sorry more than enough. Maybe I'm an idiot for still believing we could work but I couldn't careless because I really, really like you."

I bit my lower lip on the side and slowly moved to sit down. He exhales sharply and leans back removing his grip.

"Fine.. maybe I didn't give you much time to explain yourself. But how can I when you ditched our date to go with your co-worker to a stupid happy hour? I'm your girlfriend Daniel. This," I gesture between us, "is real. And just because I don't go and drink and party, doesn't mean I'm a boring person. I'm not a party whore. My parents didn't bring me up to go drink alcohol with guys."

He's serious now, "I don't expect you to be Lori. I love that you don't do any of those things. Its cute.."

"Cute? Really. I'm not five Daniel."

"I know."

I lean my head on my hand, propping myself up, "I disappoint myself by not being a bit bad." He reaches his hand out taking my hand in his, "I need you, no matter how you see yourself, I love you for you."

Looking up under my lashes, his eyes are on my hand and he caresses it softly. I slowly nod, "Okay.."

"Yeah?"

"Mhm" I breathe out with a small smile.

May god not make me regret this.