CHAPTER 22

~ FEBRUARY 18TH ~

Sam eyed Matt as he walked around chatting with everyone at the party. He despised how Matt thought he could just become friends with his wife so easily. That all the days he acted like a jerk, he would just let him slide. When Matt caught eye contact with Sam, Sam nodded him over. Matt isghed and walked over to the angered husband. 

"What's your deal?" Sam asked.

Matt eyed him carefully, trying to study him, Matt gave a slight chuckle and stood straight, "I'm just an old friend hoping to make amends Sam. You don't have to watch my every move." Sam's gaze grew harder, "We don't need fake people in our life." Matt's laugh roared and he shook his head, "Cause we wouldn't want that." he nodded over to the group of ladies that eyed everything up and down. Sam pressed his lips together and looked down. (Picture Below) Matt smiled at Sam, knowing he was right. (Picture Below). 

Jasmine eyed them from a far

Jasmine eyed them from a far. She knows her husband is probably scolding Matt. "They really don't like each other, do they?" Cathy asked, chuckling. Jasmine nodded in agreement and sighed, "He doesn't have to be so protective, you know? Why can't he just leave people be." Cathy shrugged, "I mean, not to take sides, but, uhm-"

"Spit it out Cat." Jasmine rushed.

"Sam has always been that way. He just wants whats best for you guys, let him be a father and husband Jas." Cathy let out. Jasmine nodded, "You're right." 

Cathy's eyes had widened and she eyed her best friend, "I am!?" 

They both laughed at how loud she was. 

*****

As the shower grew smaller, the games started. Baby games.

Jasmine held a basket while Toby, a friend of the famlies son, handed out small diapers. "When you get yours, open it up, and taste what's inside!" Jasmine explained. Everyone groaned and showed a terrified face. Toby and Jasmine laughed.

"Its choclate you doofus'!" Toby yelled out.

Everyone laughed and Sam stood by shaking his head. "What's this game?" Niall asked, walking out from the kitchen. Sam laughed at how much finger food was on his plate, "Uhm they have to guess what candy bar is melted in the diaper." Niall looked at his food and set it down, "That's vile mate," Sam chuckled as Niall took a sip of his drink.

"Eh, what does the winner get?" Niall asked. Sam shrugged, "The bags over there are labled by the game number, Lori and Jas picked them out so I've no idea."

Niall laughed and Sam joined in.

"And who's that?" Niall asked, gesturing his head to Matt. Sam rolled his eyes, "An old friend of Jasmine's."  Niall mouthed an "Oh" and picked his plate back up.

--