Chapter 22.

Authors Note
Enjoy
----------------------------------

Lucas' POV
"He's here!" She yelled across the house, "come on in Lucas,"

Why is Maya here? Are they friends? I could tell she was holding back her laugh. I really wanted to hear it but it never cracked it's way out.

"Come on Missy!" She yelled.
"Coming!"

She ran down the stairs in a shirt that showed her bellybutton and tight short with knee high boots.

"Bibbidy-boppidy-boo!" Maya yelled twirling her curling iron like a magic wand.
"Maya can I talk to you for a sec?" Missy said.
"Sure,"
"Would you excuse us Lucas?"
"Mm-hm"

They walked off.

Maya's POV
Missy grabbed my wrist gently and walked me back to the dining room.

"Thanks for Lucas!"
"No problem. Anything for a friend, right?"
"About that,"
"What is it?"
"I hate you, I love Lucas. Would you ever believe that you would be MY friend, ha!"
"Oh. Well I'll just go," I said through tears.
"Miriam! Show this thing out now!"
"Bye,"

Miriam, Missy's maid, was like a slave to her.
"You need to go,"
"Okay. I can show myself out."
"Okay,"

I walked through the house toward the front door. I stopped at the living room and grabbed my shoes.

"Maya?"
Damn it. I forgot Lucas was here.

I gave him a sloppy smile through my tears and waved goodbye. He tried to grab my arm to stop me but I was too much in a rush that I was able to break his grip from my forearm.

I stormed out of Missy's house.

After I left I got a text from her, a threat. It read,

If you tell Lucas anything I SWEAR the last thing you'll do is bleed.

I promised myself over and over that the rest of my day would be fine, but then the worst happened, again. Josh. He broke me for the third time. This time it was final. I ran home and cried. I cried until nothing would come out. Luke was gone with Angeline, the twins were on dates, Tom and Janet were gone in California on a business trip, Lucas was on a date with Missy, Josh was gone at NYU studying, and Riley was gone. There was no one to comfort my gentle soul.