27

Chapter 27:

The next morning I get up earlier than Calum. I move slowly so he doesn't feel me leave the bed. When I finally make it I throw a robe on over my shorts and tank top and make my way out of the door shutting it softly. "Sneaking out?!" Someone says very amused making me jump and spin around to face them.

When I see Carter standing there I hit his chest and say "Geeze man you scared me."

"Why you sneaking out?" he smirks shooting a look at the bedroom door.

Rolling my eyes I make my way down the hall. "Why are you up so early?" I shoot back at him not answering his question.

"My body is set to wake up at five o'clock every morning." He states and I shoot him a look of disbelief my walk faltering a little.

"Are you serious?" Carter nods and I shake my head not at all amused. "What have you been doing for four hours?"

Shrugging Carter says "Walking around and I still haven't seen the whole place."

Stopping in front of daddy's door I state "Go wake up Calum. I'm gonna be busy a while so y'all can go like bond or what ever."

Carter chuckles and does a little bow before turning back in the way of the room. I knock lightly and enter to find daddy looking deep in thought at his desk. "You okay daddy?" I ask making my way over to him.

He looks up at me and gives me a small smile. "I've found her."

My eyes widen largely and I give him a look of disbelief. "You fund her?"

Nodding he says "I did. I went through all of the women names Jenifer Davis that gave away children. There were about fifty over them all over the US but I think this is the one." Daddy motions to his computer screen and I lok at the picture of the beautiful brown haired blue eyed girl.

"Can we call her?" I ask hurriedly and daddy types her number in his phone.

As its ringing he says "Now this number is six years old im not sure she will still be here."

"Cross your fingers and pray God let it be." I says not giving up hope or faith. God would not want Carter to be without his son nor his mate.

After abut the fourth ring we're abut to hang up when a small voice asks "Hello?" over the line.

"Hello." I breathe into the line happy that someone answered. "Is this Jennifer Davis?"

The line goes dead silent for a few minutes and I fear that shes going to hang up "Who's asking?"

"This is Princess Andrea."

When I say my name her breath hitches just like Carters mothers and what she says next has ne know I have the right girl. "Is my mate okay princess? Is Carter okay?"

"Jenifer, Carter is just fine. So fine in fact he is at the palace."

"He's there?" she asks starting to cry and I nod forgetting that I am on the phone.

"My mate is Calum, his best friend."

Jennifer giggles through her tears. "Calum is your mate?"

"Yes, ma'am." I joke and she giggles more before getting serious.

"Can I see my mate princess? I have missed him so much. Six years without your mate is like dying." she says and then I tear up when she says "We wanted to die."

"I'm so sorry Jennifer, I will never be able to make up for the pain of the six years."

Jenifer scoffs and says "It is not your fault princess. From what I hear you just now made it to the palace after eighteen years. You have already repaid me by bringing me my mate back."

Shaking my head I wipe my eye and say "When do you want me to come and get you and Where are you located?"

"You are coming to get me?" she asks shocked and I chuckle.

"Yes me myself and I."

"Oh Lord." she says happily. "Can you come now?"

With a huge smile I say "I can come now." Jenifer gives me her address and I tell her it will be an hour before I leave the palace because we have to make sure the jet is all good and ready to go. When we hang up the phone I turn to daddy with a big smile and throw my arms around him. "Thank you so much daddy."

"Anything for you baby girl." he says hugging me just as tightly. "Now let's go get the girl."

I think really hard about Calum and what I want to send to him. 'Daddy and I are going to be gone a few hours.' I state hoping that it got to him.

'Where? Why?' Calum asks a few seconds later and I smile satisfied I accomplished it.

Before I reply I roll my eyes and I think he seen it or what ever because he growls. 'We will be back tonight. Go have fun with Carter. Y'all need some man time.'

'Princess.' Calum warns being over protective as always.

'We're already in the jet Calum. I love you and will see you tonight.' I state leaving no time for argument as I sit in the jet seat.

"How long will it take us to get there?" I ask daddy looking over at him.

He smiles when I yawn and offers me his shoulder. I lay my head against it tiredly and sigh. "Five hours." nodding I close my eyes and go into blackness.

.

"Baby girl." daddy says softly and my eyes snap open and  get a big smile on my face. He chuckles and says "Your weird."

"Daddy." I complain and he chuckles.

"That's a complement. Being normal is no fun."

I laugh at him and rise ready to meet Jennifer. Daddy follows me off of the plane and we get into a black SUV with two of daddy's guards. We had to bring guards today because we're going somewhere we have never been.

The ten minute ride to Jessica's has me bouncing in my seat with excitement. I can't believe daddy found her. Now her and her love can be back together forever.

The SUV stops and I open the back door before Mark can turn the truck off. -Mark is one of daddy's guards.

When i'm out I stop and star at the little shack in disbelief. It's surrounded by all kinds of woods and looks like no one would live here. Its so ran down I don't even know if it would have electricity or running water.

The door opens and out steps Jenifer. Her hair is longer than it was before down to her knees and her skin is deathly pale. I don't know if she gets sunlight at all. Her bright blue eyes loo dead and I frown. When she sees me her eyes light up and she runs at me wrapping me in her arms tightly. "I didn't think you would come." she crys and I pat her back soothing her.